My new toy

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

norcalgsr

Honda Master Technician
I just picked up a CBR 600F last weekend in really good shape. It doesn't leak or burn a drop of oil and has a clear title. It needs a little work on the mounting tabs for a few of the plastics, but that's pretty trivial since I should be able to repair them no problem.

Either way it runs strong, hauls ass, and I got a killer deal on it. I've always loved the 1st gen CBR and finally found one that hasn't already been trashed :D

Here are some crappy pics from the guy I bought it from.. I'll be taking better ones once I finish repairing the front lower fairings..

l_20092cddb3239cb0e00a6d797139acdf.jpg

l_c9e60ed94100bf32a57053bcc3bea22b.jpg

You are going to LOVE this bike. It's rare as hell too, and I would keep it around and in good shape.

Start your collection !

I took it home for $1200, and it just had the carbs rebuilt last month by the Honda dealership. I've only been able to put about 40 miles on it so far (it's been raining non stop for almost a week), but I already absolutely love it. I have no plans to sell it ever.. definitely a rare bike and it handles and rides awesome.

Yeah, it would be a good decision to keep this around and keep it in good shape. I get lots of regard from the bike pros on my GPZ, and props from the kids about my ZX12. I prefer the pro's respect.

I totally agree.. this bike does seem to attract a lot of attention when I've been out on it too. I just hope that it doesn't attract the wrong kind of attention since I don't have a garage to park it in :ph34r:

I totally agree.. this bike does seem to attract a lot of attention when I've been out on it too. I just hope that it doesn't attract the wrong kind of attention since I don't have a garage to park it in :ph34r:

Oh no, thieves don't care. Theives want "dey Boosahs" Get the disc lock and you should be good to go.

:lol: That's what I was figuring.. especially when there an F4i and nearly new Ninja that both park here too. Hopefully any thieves will go after their stuff before mine! I have a shielded cable lock and my car blocking it in right now, and probably will buy a disc lock too soon since the cable is too big to carry around.

After finally getting some decent seat time last weekend I am definitely happy with it.. I would never have thought this bike was 20 years old if I didn't already know! I can't wait to see how she rides after I do a full tune up/valve adjust/fork oil & seals next weekend :D

Back