My new toy

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Kanned

Beast
After having the luxury to ride a wide variety of bikes, I decided to get myself a CBR right off the showroom floor. I had the money saved up to get a bike I wanted, but I decided to finance for credit purposes. I was looking at 08 1000's, but I decided on a 09 600. Hardly getting to go through the gears on a 1000 gets a little boring to me for anyhow. May change my mind down the road, but everything comes in time. Bought it last Sat. night and have yet to see another 09 on the road.

This thing handles like a dream, I can't wait to finish the break in and get passed the first service to open it up a bit. For now it's 100% stock, but I'm searching for exhaust, tail kit, and flush mount(or close) blinkers. I also need me some sliders :eek:. Have to cut for this model as far as I can see.

Here are some cell phone pics. In the same spot is my roommates' 08 R1 he got 2 days ago and his 03 Dyna Super Glide anniversary edition.

IMG00116.jpg
IMG00117.jpg
IMG00118.jpg

nice bike. what is the riding season like up there?
In south FL? All year round lol. That passed two days have been some of the coldest. High 40's with wind chill during the day and 30's w/o wind chill at night. The "cold" only last for a few days at a time before it goes back up to high 70's usually. Some years our rainy season isn't shit, sometimes it will rape us, but that's the only real factor that stops me from riding here.

Thanks for the compliments on color, I definitely like it too.

In south FL? All year round lol. That passed two days have been some of the coldest. High 40's with wind chill during the day and 30's w/o wind chill at night. The "cold" only last for a few days at a time before it goes back up to high 70's usually. Some years our rainy season isn't shit, sometimes it will rape us, but that's the only real factor that stops me from riding here.

Thanks for the compliments on color, I definitely like it too.

awww shit. i was thinking "klyph" for some reason.

i keep trying to get the gf to move to arizona or cali so we can ride year around.

you lucky bastard.

Oh, that makes sense. Was wondering why you said "up there". There is a downside to FL and bikes... Tons of old people and lack of curvy/hilly roads. I ride straight for 5 miles until I hit a roundabout and think "wheeee". Riding along the beaches is fun.

Nice bike! I haven't looked up the '09s yet.

Taking the 1krr out today to piddle around, and tomorrow for a real ride. Woo hoo!

Mine is still 100% stock. Still 150% giggle happy with it. Only thing I plan on changing in the near future is the oil. And some flush mount blinkers. Got them, but too lazy to install.. will do it when I do the oil.

Mine is still 100% stock. Still 150% giggle happy with it. Only thing I plan on changing in the near future is the oil. And some flush mount blinkers. Got them, but too lazy to install.. will do it when I do the oil.
So you ended up getting an 07 and put repsol plastics on it, right? Good lord, I sat on an 07 repsol while shopping around and had to change my socks I came so much.

God you're going to love this fucking bike :) I want to ride down to FLA really bad.
I thought my heart was set on a gsxr 750 until I rode one. I got to ride two 08 hondas and an 08/06 gsxr and the hondas blew em out of the water. I'm so happy with my purchase. A lot of people say I should lower it just because I can't put my feet flat. Bunch of tools, I say ^_^. Handling is superb, I would never mess with it. Come on down to FL, I've got 3 day weekends.

Nope, fell in love with the black/black.

I stare at it and touch myself.

Hardly getting to go through the gears on a 1000 gets a little boring to me for anyhow
What do you mean?

P.S nice bike, the 600RR is a great bike, although I find it weird seeing it in Kawasaki green, doesn't look bad.. just seems weird.

Last edited:
What do you mean?

P.S nice bike, the 600RR is a great bike, although I find it weird seeing it in Kawasaki green, doesn't look bad.. just seems weird.

I just typed a bunch of bs that basically says I find myself shifting a lot less on a 1000. There aren't a whole lot of winding roads in FL, so switching between gears so much when slowing down and speeding up is most of the fun I have on an average ride. On a 1000, I can just sit in third np on the average ride.

Thanks and I was thinking the same thing. It's metallic paint, so it gets a bit of a different shade of green depending on the lighting.

I just typed a bunch of bs that basically says I find myself shifting a lot less on a 1000. There aren't a whole lot of winding roads in FL, so switching between gears so much when slowing down and speeding up is most of the fun I have on an average ride. On a 1000, I can just sit in third np on the average ride.

Thanks and I was thinking the same thing. It's metallic paint, so it gets a bit of a different shade of green depending on the lighting.

I don't understand.

With a 600cc you cannot leave it in a set gear because it lacks power unless it's 10K+ rpm, so you're always having to shift to keep it happy.

with a 1000 the bike makes so much power you don't have to shift if you dont want to, however it makes power from idle to 14K+ rpm so you get the option to shift or not shift. When I'm riding fast I'm always shifting, however if I feel lazy or I'm riding with other people I tend to leave it in a set gear.

To me your way of thinking was like, I like having a Civic SI because more then a 911TT because the civic lacks any bawls and must be spun up to make any power at all. While I love riding 600s on tight backroads and would ride a 600cc on a track before a 1000 anyday, for street use, the lack of power really sucks unless you're riding bawls out every moment.

I do have to say, to run a 1000cc in the 8-14Krpm range on backroads. really takes a lot of balls, if I had a dime for everytime I've spun up my rear tire while going 50+mph on my 1000.... I'd have at least a gallon of fuel =)

The CBR 600 is an awesome bike but in time with a few years of riding under you, you will get tired of the always having to shift. Again, for bawls out riding I enjoy it and could care less but riding to work a few times a week... I HATE it.

Back