My new toy

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Not sure how the other bikes work, but the transmission on the 1krr is pure sex. Clutchless upshifts ftw. You only need to use the clutch on standing starts and down shifts. Makes ripping through the gears much quicker, smoother, and easier.

I immagine they are all like that.. But make sure before you try it, lol.

Not sure how the other bikes work, but the transmission on the 1krr is pure sex. Clutchless upshifts ftw. You only need to use the clutch on standing starts and down shifts. Makes ripping through the gears much quicker, smoother, and easier.

I immagine they are all like that.. But make sure before you try it, lol.

Hes talking gearing. it's like driving a civic with a type R tranny VS an LS tranny.

people who are N/A and make high rpm power and little torque want very close gearing. Or you boost your civic, make great power and can't use the short gearing since you're at the end of the gear as soon as you shift, changing to an LS tranny gives you more usable power, however in the end both cars shift just as often since adding more power makes you go through the gears just as fast if not faster...

You seem to understand exactly what I'm talking about and I understand exactly what you're saying. You obviously have more experience with motorcycles and you can spit out the words I'm trying to get from my brain to my fingers.

I'm only speaking from my few days of experience riding a 1000. The necessity for me to shift on a 600 is what makes me do it. I like that, idk exactly why. I loved the 1000, but I found myself shifting so much less because I didn't have to. I'm 155 lbs and been riding 2 strokes for quite some time, so that may have something to do with it. I Just like the feeling and riding style of a 600 over a 1000 for now. You can't deny that the riding style between to two are pretty far apart and I just like 1 over the other. I can't get into it with you about all the differences between to two because I lack a ton of experience/knowledge. I just went on a gut feeling with my choice of a 600. I know all the shifting and winding may get old, but I prefer it as of now. I'm 20, fuck planning for the future. When I want a 1000, I'll get a 1000.

You seem to understand exactly what I'm talking about and I understand exactly what you're saying. You obviously have more experience with motorcycles and you can spit out the words I'm trying to get from my brain to my fingers.

I'm only speaking from my few days of experience riding a 1000. The necessity for me to shift on a 600 is what makes me do it. I like that, idk exactly why. I loved the 1000, but I found myself shifting so much less because I didn't have to. I'm 155 lbs and been riding 2 strokes for quite some time, so that may have something to do with it. I Just like the feeling and riding style of a 600 over a 1000 for now. You can't deny that the riding style between to two are pretty far apart and I just like 1 over the other. I can't get into it with you about all the differences between to two because I lack a ton of experience/knowledge. I just went on a gut feeling with my choice of a 600. I know all the shifting and winding may get old, but I prefer it as of now. I'm 20, fuck planning for the future. When I want a 1000, I'll get a 1000.

Riding style from a 600 to a 1000 is the same, it's just a matter of having the skills to use the 1000.

trust me, you bought the right bike, it should do you well for a few years or forever depending on how you ride it. Again, for track or 100% full out riding meaning never having the rpms below 10K the 600s are great, but for street use I could never go back to a 600.

My friends were dead set on buying 1000s when I had my 600, after spanking them on my 600 they 2nd guessed buying a 1000. =) both bikes can go just as fast as each other on the street in most cases. but for over all power, god I love having 190hp and torque out the ass.

anddddddddddd now I understand what you were telling me, jeffie. 1000 is far superior for just cruising around.

Lately, I'm just frustrated with owning a bike, so I'm going to sell or trade it for a vehicle. I don't have a garage, so I'm constantly getting it filthy with the cover and it takes me like 5 minutes just to put it away on my back porch. I'm a last minute person, so I always end up just hopping in my car instead of pulling the bike out. I'd build some sort of shed to park it in or buy one, but where I rent wont allow me.

Eh, I'll buy another one when I get done with school.

Hey, it's a rough fucking five minutes. I have to do an 8 point turn to fit it through a fucking door 6" wider than my bike lol.

That's not my only reason, but it sure is frustrating.

if it was that tough, i would just park it inside. possibly in my living room. obviously only if i was on the bottom floor.

I'd sell it and pick up a early to mid 2000s 1000 and leave it outside.
Get something you don't care about and just ride the chit outta it.

P.S I understand what you're saying. People get on me for not taking my 350Z out more often but it's a PITA to get out. It just frustrates you and then you leave the house in a shitty mood.

I hate riding my motorcycle to work since I always take the backroads and always get stuck behind someone doing 25mph on a 35mph backroad and I'm that nice guy that rarely passes on a double yellow line.

So by the time I get to work I'm already pissed off and my work day hasnt even started yet.

I had thought about picking up something I wouldn't care about so much, we'll see.

Exactly. There is NO such thing as a back road anywhere near my town except for 100% straight, desolate paths to nowhere. I'm the same way bout getting stuck because I don't want tickets. I don't ride with even my best friend because he's a squid that rides like an ass, as well as everyone I seem to meet and know. Eh, just nothing about it is super appealing lately. I think I'd be very content with a track bike and sticking to 4 wheels for the street until I move outta this town.

Not positive, gotta do research that I don't feel like being bothered with this week lol. Never dropped, all stock except for front turn signals, > 5500 miles, well taken care of. Transferrable full coverage warranty good till 2014, I believe. I also travel between here and TN fairly often(not on the bike lol), so delivery somewhere between is a possibility.

Gotta see what they're going for, but my uneducated guess is about 6-7k.

Thats in my price range, whenever you decide on something let me know. Ill have to have it delivered from your place to TX anyway... But I'm definitely interested in the bike man!

Good deal man, I will. I might put it up for trade first to see if I can get a nicer DD. We'll see, I'll prb start making it happen in like 2 weeks.

Back