my new toy

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dustin_m

Well lately i have been pretty bored, so for fun, me and my friend went driving around with a big ass airhorn and scaring the shit out of people. The mall by my house is a great place cuz you can roll up behind somwone and honk it in their face. we got some pretty good scares, but the problem was that the air runs out kind of fast. So i came up with a pretty good solution. we took a car horn that my friend bought at Kragen for around 15 bucks, a long funnel for oil or tranny fluid, a push button switch, and my cell phone car charger, since i dont use it. the horn is rated for like 125 decibels, and there is another one we are going to buy that hits 138 decibels. I hooked up some wire to the horn, then ran that into the big ens of the funnel and out the small end, making the horn sit about midway down the funnel. then i hooked up the switch to one of the wires, right now i am using the handle to an old computer joystick, so its like a trigger. then from there just connect those wires to the car charger wires after cutting off the adapter for the phone. here's a cheap ass diagram, i'll get a pic tommorrow:
gallery_22248_168_1101643250.jpg

You cant seal the horn in because it isnt as loud so it is a little loose in there, but i usually hold the wires at the end of the funnel. This thing is fuckin loud. It scares the shit out of anybody, and the cool thing is that if someone were to call the cops its pointless because its a car horn. we have got a ton of girls to scream, and a few have ducked to the ground because they were so scared :lol: . when i get ahold of a video cam i want to record some.

Anyone alse ever made something like this? if so is there any way of improving it?
let me know watcha think

Hey SOHCslammer, maybe you can hook me up w/ a job since your here in SD :D , cuz i only work 2 days a week right now and it blows. About getting shot, yeah we have pissed soem guys offf, and my friends gets pissed if i honk it coming up to a red light.

well we went to the mall again last night and had some fun with it, got some girls to scream, lol.

heres the pics:
gallery_22248_168_1103623427.jpg

gallery_22248_168_1103623458.jpg

don't mean to thread jack but i think i got you beat man... lol

i have an old alarm horn hooked up to my stock horn wires in my crx... so if i tap the horn button a couple times it sounds like the woop woop that cop cars emit when they are trying to get your attention...

this comes in handy when driving around on the dark streets of upstate new york...
you look for the shady characters and drive up behind them, then hit the horn and watch them take off running thinking its the cops...

Yeah thats funny to. but not as funny as the stupidass faces people make when they think a cars coming at em, or when they realize that it was really just fucked up joke that made em go deaf for a minute or two. :lol: Oh and I might actually get some video soon so everyone can see

Originally posted by YangpaNemsay@Dec 21 2004, 11:25 AM
Now you gotta find a deer or a cow or some other bulky wild animal to try it on. Bear?
[post=435299]Quoted post[/post]​

It scares the shit outta cats, i know that much. As for big animals, well we dont reeally have and deer, cows, or bears roaming around san diego too often. I could try that in a couple days when i go up north for christmas, we got a shit load of cows.

Yeah thats funny to. but not as funny as the stupidass faces people make when they think a cars coming at em, or when they realize that it was really just fucked up joke that made em go deaf for a minute or two. Oh and I might actually get some video soon so everyone can see

i would advise a bullet proof vest... lol

Originally posted by reckedracing@Dec 21 2004, 02:06 PM
Yeah thats funny to. but not as funny as the stupidass faces people make when they think a cars coming at em, or when they realize that it was really just fucked up joke that made em go deaf for a minute or two. Oh and I might actually get some video soon so everyone can see

i would advise a bullet proof vest... lol
[post=435392]Quoted post[/post]​

why would i need that? this shit is like spotlighting deers, the people make some stupidass face or pose then usually freeze. by the time they know whats going on we are gone. but yeah i get ya, especially here in Diego

Back