My new tranny!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

highperboi

i just picked up my new transmission this morning. Hopefully ill find some time to instal it withen the next 2 weeks. Im planning on getting a new clutch to i just cant decide on which. Its either the exedy 32% with the full face street disc or the act heavyduty with the street disc. i can get the exedy for like 260 and the act for like 400.

s4023e47816146.jpg

s4023e44530d57.jpg

s4023e4331388f.jpg

s4023e41d99d86.jpg

oh yeah does anyone know what car this came off?

S4C I believe comes off a 99-2000 SI. It looks like it has LSD, if so probably from the JDM SIR2 or whatever. Correct me if i'm wrong guys.

BTW, you bought a tranny without knowing what it came off of or anything about it? :huh:

It's so purrtttyyyy! You could eat out of that bell housing!

all i knew is that its the same gear ratios as a US type R and that it has LSD and its called s4c and that the civic si had a s4c but i didnt know what car it came out of.

oh hey what kind of lsd is this? and what other kinds of lsd does honda cars use?

you can't really tell what kind of LSD it is.. if its OEM honda, then its a helical 1.5 way i think that is what came on the ITR

Originally posted by pills_PMD@Feb 7 2004, 02:34 PM
you can't really tell what kind of LSD it is.. if its OEM honda, then its a helical 1.5 way i think that is what came on the ITR

Sounds good, as far as where it came from, who cares, or knows. Honda has been known to do some mixing and matching to suit. As long as it is B series, has LSD, and is hydraulic who cares.

s4c = 99-00 si.
which didn't come with an lsd.

itr dffs don't fit in a b16 casing.

so, wtf did you get? a quaiffe?

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 7 2004, 04:41 PM
s4c = 99-00 si.
which didn't come with an lsd.

itr dffs don't fit in a b16 casing.

so, wtf did you get? a quaiffe?

If it was a JDM version it very well could have been fitted with a LSD and the ID number don't always match the US spec ones.

If you are staying N/A I'd say go with Exedy.

Back