my new TV!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B16

Super Moderator
VIP
tax return came in last week and figured i'd buy a new tv for the new apartment. :)
its an LG DLP projection 44". got a great deal on it because my best friend sell's tv's at good guys. love the picture on it!
gallery_106_2_26411.jpg

And then this came in the mail yesterday!
gallery_106_2_1903.jpg

and yes, its signed by AH-nold. :)

Hey B, the tv has 1 dvi input. Does HD use that dvi input? i was thinking of getting a dvd player to plug in there, but i want HD too. maybe just get a progressive scan dvd player?

Originally posted by B16@Mar 9 2005, 01:00 PM

And then this came in the mail yesterday!
gallery_106_2_1903.jpg

and yes, its signed by AH-nold. :)

[post=471173]Quoted post[/post]​

heeeeeey, i go there.

Originally posted by B16@Mar 9 2005, 01:00 PM
Hey B, the tv has 1 dvi input. Does HD use that dvi input? i was thinking of getting a dvd player to plug in there, but i want HD too. maybe just get a progressive scan dvd player?

most likely, the hd will use the dvi input... but it depends.
some broadcasts are over-the-air on regular old coax and are hd-programs. you're going to have to consutl your cable company or sat. provider.

personally, i'd say screw hdtv and use the dvd player for the input if it comes down to it. dvd's are way mroe dynamic and produced than a 30 min tv show could ever be.
even showtime and hbo don't offer the same quality as a dvd.

Originally posted by Guy@Mar 9 2005, 10:09 AM

heeeeeey, i go there.
[post=471178]Quoted post[/post]​

no shit? i did 5 years hard time there! lol. i miss college girls though :(

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Mar 9 2005, 10:11 AM-->
@Mar 9 2005, 01:00 PM
Hey B, the tv has 1 dvi input.  Does HD use that dvi input?  i was thinking of getting a dvd player to plug in there, but i want HD too.  maybe just get a progressive scan dvd player?

most likely, the hd will use the dvi input... but it depends.
some broadcasts are over-the-air on regular old coax and are hd-programs. you're going to have to consutl your cable company or sat. provider.

personally, i'd say screw hdtv and use the dvd player for the input if it comes down to it. dvd's are way mroe dynamic and produced than a 30 min tv show could ever be.
even showtime and hbo don't offer the same quality as a dvd.
[post=471180]Quoted post[/post]​

thanks for the input, i knew you would have a good explaination.

This post belongs in our Computers, Games, Electronics etc Forum. Please look for your post there.

:moved:

Thanks,

The Moderating Team

Back