My newest build for SCCA STL/HPDE's

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I got some new trailer wheels and tires since mine were mismatched and had mismatched sizes.

Not that exciting I know. I didnt want to drive all the way to Roebling on the old ones.

photoxzv.jpg

photo2hur.jpg

So I replaced the trailer hubs too and it rode pretty well to Savannah for the Roebling Road Raceway event I did this weekend. Wikedeye dropped by Sunday and it was nice to meet him, he also got to ride in a pretty quick Spec Miata.

Videos I have uploaded so far in 1080p or you can run them in 720 but below that starts to look crappy.

First time really pushing the car hard since I have made all the changes and the first time on a true race tire. I have a lot to work on at this track and in general, I didn't even attempt heel/toe out there because there was just too much for me to deal with for the first time lol.

I'm slow but that can improve, I just need to get more seat time now. The motor was smoking at idle and when I blipped the throttle but on the track it didn't smoke at all. I think the culprit was too much oil because by the end of the weekend it wasn't as bad. Oil cooler holds a quart I think which allows you to easily over fill.

Roebling Road Darkside event November 2011 - YouTube

I think I ran my faster times in this group

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uf9sSXe4JZw

This run I was trying to wait for my friends that caught up with me in the end and then the camera shut off. The delsol that pulls out in front of me at the end in primer was my friend and ex SCCA F Production champion in the SAARC so needless to say he walks me with 50 less hp at the wheels lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRBvBH1rx2A&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL
cleardot.gif

Last edited:
I want to change my exhaust, anyone have any experience with burns stainless mufflers?

Im looking at doing an actual race exhaust exiting down right after the driver seat.

bisi had a full exhaust system for a turbo though...I was curious to see if anyone had input on length for optimal performance while dumping it right after the driver?

I priced out a system for a race exhaust of about 3-4 feet for around $400 with all high quality ss and the burns muffler and hardware. I think I might grab it all and TIG it myself which will be fun I think.

A nice guy I met sent me this video from behind me which was the 2nd run up top.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRU9FcLDOeY&feature=youtu.be

He was faster than that, he was taking it easy and getting used to the Hankook C51s. He also had a 120mph crash at VIR so this was his first time out since putting the car back together and was being pretty cautious.

I think after researching I might just go with a magnaflow bullet style muffler and save some money and issues.

Magnaflow ftw. A good friend installs them on all the race trucks he builds. You have a TIG welder?

I went with magnaflow and just crush bent 3" piping. I suggest you do the same. Do any of your tracks have sound levels? Ours do so I did a 22" long 3" resonator and then a 3" chambered muffler.

I think the burns stuff is expensive and un-necssary unless you're building a spec motor and need every last ounce of HP. In which case you'd also want a $1,500 custom header to match it. :p

Last edited:
The tracks all have sound limits, I went with a 16 inch and 2.5 inch tubing. I think my Hytech copy header will be good enough for now.

I will be dropping it right behind me so hopefully its not too loud or I can add a resonator.

The class goal is 195whp, 1 whp - 12 lbs so I really doubt I can reach that on my budget but I'm adding some things that will help that. I got a used Ishihara Johnson crank scraper with Teflon for a pretty good price, it will just need some trimming for close to 0 tolerance.

I'm probably going to pull the head and get a valve job and port match before I go and spend money to get tuned. I will probably throw some prelude injectors in or maybe get some used RC 310s if I can find some cheap enough so that I can have optimal tuning.

TraqDash Traqmate is on the way too, found a used one that has been used for like 3 events in a real race car professionally built. So its in perfect shape for a pretty big discount that should help me with data and improving my driving.

Paint job or vinyl work hopefully soon too, eg6sir has been making some cool forza paint schemes for me.

Have you looked into RDX injectors? I've heard good things about them and they're like $170 for a set of 4. (410cc)

For paint I've been very happy with my $250 maaco paint job. :)

Maaco is probably going to be the choice.

Hmm I had heard about these for K motors but I didnt think they worked on B motors?

I guess 410s will only run at whatever cycle Im needing.

Looks like you need a top hat (for top of injector, looks like they're shorter than B series injectors) and clips to make them work.

Things are coming together again.

Exhaust came, I didnt realize it would all be slip fit so thats going to make welding it easier since Im a noob welder.

The muffler circumference is bigger than I was thinking for some reason so Im hopefull it fits it the tunnel under the car somewhere!

Dynomax, ultraflow welded 409 ss if anyone is curious.

The J bend obviously is not staying like that and will be cut to make a dump off the back of the exhaust.

exhausty.jpg

Ishihara Johnson teflon 0 clearance crank scraper will be here soon that I got used and for about half off. Some people see up to 2.5% whp gains from this, worst case it helps keep temps down and lowers the weight of the rotating assembly.

Traqdash Traqmate should be here soon.

Last edited:
Are you going to keep yours?

I went and picked it up today...pretty simple and small, the gps antenna isnt pictured but thats everything.

Not bad for almost half off!

traqd22.jpg

I figured I would add this because it will be helping with my progress of finishing.

traded/sold

Im just selling because these will not fit over the brakes I want...9.5lbs a rim!

dsc0147hl.jpg

rimtire.jpg

Last edited:
So I traded the rpf1s and conti tires for a set of konig heliums, almost new 2 piece 11in rotors and 4 piston wilwoods straight up.

I didnt think I could get a better deal and I was selling the rpf1s because I wanted wilwoods anyway and they wouldnt clear the rpf1s.

I still have the kosei k1s and now the heliums which I will throw another set of r888s on when they come in from the recent sale they started on them again. So I will have 2 sets of r888s for school and my first races in the new year.

photofcn.jpg

Last edited:
Back