My newest build for SCCA STL/HPDE's

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

eeeeem.jpg

Thanks, some of the welds are nice which weren't done by me but for my first time TIG welding I'm not upset with it.

It sounds terrific, I have only had it idling and popped the revs up to like 3k and it sounds deep and not crazy loud but at least I can hear it unlike the apexi ws.

Brakes go on soon, I have to redo some civic uprights to make these wilwoods fit so maybe I can document that in case anyone needs help doing ball joints, wheel bearings, and extended wheel studs.

Thanks, some of the welds are nice which weren't done by me but for my first time TIG welding I'm not upset with it.

It sounds terrific, I have only had it idling and popped the revs up to like 3k and it sounds deep and not crazy loud but at least I can hear it unlike the apexi ws.

Brakes go on soon, I have to redo some civic uprights to make these wilwoods fit so maybe I can document that in case anyone needs help doing ball joints, wheel bearings, and extended wheel studs.
Plus you were TIG welding to aluminized pipe on at least one of those joints....

I finished the car for the most part. I attended the SCCA Buccaneer region Double Drivers school at Roebling road in Savannah, GA. I highly recc. this school if you are wanting to get your license so you can club race with SCCA.

I posted the fastest time in my group and placed 2nd in the first race and 1st in the second race.

photo1cwnkeii.jpg

photoae.jpg

Race 1 qualified 2nd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsGcNCzdg_0

Race 2 qualified 3rd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WF-401howvA

It wasnt all glory lol this was a bit scary at almost 100 mph. Damp track, a little bit too much steering input and lifted a little too much.
EDIT: Actually the f****** rear toe nut was loose!Thats the last time I get an alignment at that place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMVYrEYAbrQ

Last edited:
I picked up a new crank scraper because the other one I have is for a GSR (which Im trying to sell).

This is the most up to date version, still need to get the windage tray from IJ.

photomap.jpg

Im also going to be adding some more video soon.

Last edited:
Thanks! The Del Slo is B16s, he was posting his trailer setup I think if thats whay you are asking about?

On my youtube page there is a yellow ITB Del Sol video that belongs to a friend.

I figured I would share some of my recent work in prep for my double race in April and the rest of the season this year. I chose Koyo bearings and wanted to repack them since I went down from Integra hubs to the smaller Civic hubs. The hubs were from a buddy that was tracking them, I should have taken pics of the old bearings but they were cooked. This was just from HPDE events and street driving.

Integra bearings can suffer the same fate.

The reason I dropped down to the smallest Civic setup was because of the 11in Wilwood kit I acquired. I also have brake ducting to keep things cooler at the center hub so I expect this to last me at least this season and longer.

I used Amsoil 2000 racing grease, this should help with the the higher temps the bearings were really never intended to see.

Repacking Civic/Integra wheel bearing:

photo0q.jpg

Take a flat tip screwdriver, slide it between the two inner races

photo1gsx.jpg

Twist screwdriver until one of the races pops up then alternate from side to side until one pops out. This may take a little effort to get the first one off.

photo2gfp.jpg

Once the first one is out, you can tap the other half of the inner race out (by hand or tiny hammer). I set the outer race on the two plates from the press giving the inner race room to fall out when I tapped it (you can also use two pieces of wood ).

photo3hcd.jpg

Now you can clean out all of the original grease that came in bearing.

photo8qj.jpg

I also popped out all of the ball bearings from the cage to get the rest of the grease out.

photo6un.jpg

Comparison of the original grease(waxy looking stuff on the Right) to the Amsoil Race Grease (left)

photo5nw.jpg

I started by packing in some grease under the seal before I replaced the ball bearings

photo4lk.jpg

After replacing the ball bearings, pack in more grease on top of the ball bearings and between the cages

photo9fc.jpg

Don't get too carried away by packing too much grease in there, just enough to fill the gaps. Otherwise a lot of it will squeeze out when you replace the inner races.

Reverse order to put it all back together, be careful not to damage the seals.

Final result ready to go:

photo113x.jpg

See how this works out At Roebling and then I decided to do Daytona the engine killer! So April 28-29 I have 2 races, May 5th Regional at Daytona's 24 hr layout....I rented the last garage spot too, woot. See if I can hit 140 on the banking!

I have some new goodies on the way I will post soon.

Last edited:
I probably dont have the motor to hit it...Im hitting 126 at RRR on a much shorter straight so 130s should be no problem. Aero on the car is crap which Im working on....If I remember right, the ITR top speed was like 142 or something which is the transmission I have. The GPS in the traqmate seems to be pretty accurate so I will know how fast this setup can really go soon.

I have 2 go pros now so I will have a lot of video, I also got the traqmate uplink for the gopro so all of that will sync perfect now. Thats why I didnt have it on all of my videos, to hard to match up.

I probably dont have the motor to hit it...Im hitting 126 at RRR on a much shorter straight so 130s should be no problem. Aero on the car is crap which Im working on....If I remember right, the ITR top speed was like 142 or something which is the transmission I have. The GPS in the traqmate seems to be pretty accurate so I will know how fast this setup can really go soon.

I have 2 go pros now so I will have a lot of video, I also got the traqmate uplink for the gopro so all of that will sync perfect now. Thats why I didnt have it on all of my videos, to hard to match up.

Awesome, can't wait for you to go and then up load them.

I was just asking because I know my 92-93 GSR trans will do 140 almost exactly at 8/8.2k RPM and I knew you had the ITR in there. I figured yours would be shorter. I should look some specs up.

USDM ITR

1st 3.230
2nd 2.105
3rd 1.458
4th 1.107
5th .848

FD 4.4

A little longer compared to yours at .875

Just watching that video makes my heart rate increase, looks like so much fun. What happened to the guy that wrecked about 6 minutes in?

Its a serious rush! My first race had a much more exciting start that I should have uploaded soon.

That little bug eye sprite HP car flipped in 1, and then caught on fire!

You popped the B and now have a D!? Man, that sucks.

At least one of us is actually driving their Honda on track. I haven't touched mine since Aug. :(

Yeah but Im driving a Pilot to work and you are driving an EVO and an AMG!!!

Yeah, D series will suck but there is 0 competition for STL and all my buddys run ITB so it makes sense. Im actually not good enough to drive the more powerful setup Im realizing. Im running about 2-3 secs slower than I should.

Im picking up a civic donor car Saturday.

Last edited:
Awesome man, makes sense to get into a class where there is competition. Running a race by yourself is no fun. I know how that is, in TTB there were only 8 competitors through the year. I placed 2nd last year with a car that broke every event, and I attended less than half of those. lol

The Evo sits parked as it is going up for sale. I'm stuck driving an AMG every day.. Woe is me.. :p

Back