My newest build for SCCA STL/HPDE's

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Typically there are over 200 drivers per event at roebling and sebring with chin motorsports and darkside. The average is 4-5 20-30 min sessions per day.

Redline time attack I think had the most fun event I have done.

Where do you class your car in RTA? I've considered it but looks like my car would class with some cars that would hand my ass to me. lol

I don't think you would have it handed to you at all. I have seen your skills and I'm sure you are far better than most of those guys and better than myself.

Take a look at these times below and remember that a majority are in the 4-500 hp range and up to 1200 in the scion.

Modified fwd:

Sebring results

Modified FWD

1. DOUG WIND/ Forced Performance – SRT4 -2:24.483

2. MICHAEL MCINTURF – RSX Type S -2:40.936

3. ANDREW MEEK – Civic EG -2:43.170

I ran a 2:46 during the hpde and was running street tires. I only got in 2 sessions before the motor cut loose or else I could have shaved another second I think easily. The 2:46 laps I was alone and are on YouTube. I had a couple corners I could improve my line in after watching on my laptop in the pits but I didn't get the chance because I spun a bearing.

I ran faster than a good amount of those guys; I'm not trying to be cocky but some had a lot of power and slicks. Sebring was a challenge for most of the west coast guys, sadly a few found out you don't go hot into 17 or too wide and ended up in the wall.

Top 5 Fastest Overall

1. TONY WIESENHAHN / Turn In Concepts – WRX – 2:16.379

2. SHARIF ABDELBASET / Forged Performance – GTR R35 – 2:17.997

3. IAN STEWART – Porsche 911 -2:19.134

4. WHIT STAPLES / Fortune – EVO – 2:20.238

5. DOUG WIND/ Forced Performance – SRT4 -2:24.483

Enthusiast AWD

1. ALEXANDER GRIMES – EVO -2:30.564

2. GEORGE BONAFEDE – EVO 9 – 2:33.873

3. Ratanachai Sommee – EVO X – 2:35.236

Enthusiast FWD

1. ALI UZUN – Mini – 2:48.644

Street AWD

1. DANIEL O’DONNELL/ Professional Awesome – EVO – 2:25.113

2. TODD REID / Fortune Auto – 2:27.285

Street RWD

1. Kris VON SYDOW/ VS Motorsports – BMW M3 – 2:32.854

2. IAN STEWART – 2:35.775

3. RAPHAEL SANTOS – 2:45.861

Street FWD

1. BLAKE FULLER / Braille Auto – Altima – 2:49.126

Modified AWD

1. TONY WIESENHAHN / Turn In Concepts – WRX – 2:16.379

2.SHARIF ABDELBASET / Forged Performance – R35 – 2:17.997

3. WHIT STAPLES / Fortune – EVO – 2:20.238

Modified RWD

1. IAN STEWART – Porsche -2:19.134

2. JARED STOOPS / AMI – 370Z – 2:26.217

3. HAL GLENN – 350Z -2:45.382

Modified FWD

1. DOUG WIND/ Forced Performance – SRT4 -2:24.483

2. MICHAEL MCINTURF – RSX Type S -2:40.936

3. ANDREW MEEK – Civic EG -2:43.170

Super Modified RWD

1. CAM WORTH – RX7 – 2:24.841

2. SHARIF ABDELBASET/ Forged Performance – Porsche- 2:24.956

3. JEFF RICCA/ Ricca Racing – 240SX – 3:09.465

Super Modified FWD

1. SEAN YEARWOOD / P2R – Accord – 2:38.838

2. JG Pasterjak/ GRM – Mini -2:43.520

3. Chris Rado/ World Racing – tC – NA

Last edited:
Nice, I guess I'm just intimidated by their $$ and bling. I should enter one just to see how it goes.

Whoa...a 1200HP scion...that needs a front WING to stay on the ground. Think he coulda gone with about 800 and dropped the front wing. That's just me.

Whoa...a 1200HP scion...that needs a front WING to stay on the ground. Think he coulda gone with about 800 and dropped the front wing. That's just me.

He has done well at other tracks but I would just expect more from a "pro" driver.

The best he could do at Sebring was like 2:18. ALMS Flying Lizard did like 2:06 with about 4-500 hp. Apples to oranges but still.

I should be able to get some work done on build this weekend. We have had tornados and power outages all week so I havent been able to do anything.

He has done well at other tracks but I would just expect more from a "pro" driver.

The best he could do at Sebring was like 2:18. ALMS Flying Lizard did like 2:06 with about 4-500 hp. Apples to oranges but still.

I should be able to get some work done on build this weekend. We have had tornados and power outages all week so I havent been able to do anything.

I have been to a few time attack events where Rado never finished. His car always has a failure, or that is the excuse anyway.

there is a LOT more to being fast than power

Very true, thats why he was such a disapointment to see in person when he has so much hype4. The scion is a tube frame car so the handling should be there....I just think hes a weak driver that should have stayed in drag racing.

I got busy and havent been able to work on the car much. I did get some things done today and I will have some more pics tomorrow but here is the baffle kit installed.

oilpb.jpg

Nice! Let me know how that works for you on hard left handers. Before my Moroso pan I would lose oil pressure. I had just a stock pan; no baffles then. Was curious how well those weld in ones worked out.

Awesome build.

In ST you can do up to .040 bore over, do many people typically run any over bore in STL? I don't see that you did so i'm curious what your opinions on that might be. I read in the rules that if you run overbore it doesn't affect your "displacement" for determining minimum weight so it seems like something that would be hugely beneficial unless I read them wrong.

Have a B18C and can't find it myself but do you know of any cams out there that would be an upgrade within these rules?

Great questions!

The real reasons im not buliding a 10/10ths motor are I cant afford it.

If I need to rebuild this motor which is highly likely at some point after a season etc I would have to buy a new block if I went to the limits given at 40 over. Im sure guys will do this to make every bit of power they can out of their motors thats allowable but Im not able to do that.

The class is basically built off vtec motors which is why the cam lift is so tight on say a gsr or b16 which ever one has higher lift. The best option is to have a set of cams ground down or custom made cams. The duration is open by the way on the cams so you could call a company like brian crower or maybe skunk2 for some custom grinds.

There really isnt anyone out there so far thats running STL in my area at least. I still dont have a legal car because I have type r brakes up front. I have submitted with several others to open the brake limits to aftermarket calipers and rotors up to a certain size. Im not running small ass civic brakes and rear drums, thats just stupid.

Can you run GSR calipers and a rear disc swap? or all OEM on the brake hardware sans fluid and pad material?

Im almost 100% sure they have IT rules in place for the brakes which is a joke. They are trying to combine ST and IT when its ST!

Its basically a work in progress still and imo was created because so many people are running swaps even in other manf. cars outside of hondas which SCCA did not have any classes realistically you could compete in......STU, E Prod, yeah not going to happen. Event fields have been down so they wanted to attract the people like me and most Honda guys with swaps similar to NASA with HC.

Vague rule

E. Brakes
1. OEM brake systems must be used. Alternate OEM brakes rotors or
calipers from the same manufacturer will be considered.

So for me that equals oem CX

Request in fastrack

STL
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]1. #3602 (Greg Amy) Allow Alternate Brakes in STL [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]Replace 9.1.4.3.E.1 in its entirety with the following: "[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]OEM brake systems must be used. 1 or 2 piece ferrous rotors that do not exceed 290mm in diameter and 28mm in thickness are permitted. The standard production calipers or any 4-piston calipers are permitted.[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]" [/FONT]

I joined in on this but this vote wont go into STL if passed until 2012.

Im also not happy about them not doing double schools for licensing now from what I have heard. Im really considering NASA at the moment but I think I would be classed in H2 and I think the NASA HC in FL is pretty weak compared to CALI.[/FONT]

Last edited:
NASA H2 is huge over here.

E.1 says OEM calipers from same manufacture can be used. That sounds open to any Honda caliper to me.

Yeah it sounds like as long as it was available on your year car then it isgood to go.

The best I could do would be si maybe which are the same as gsr Im pretty sure.

Anything for the most part that is type r is banned well just because.

This would be the same brake setup you would run in IT which goes back to my point of its not improved touring but super touring. Im not going to spend money to down grade my car. I will wait for the rule change.

I was invited to run NASA HC but I wouldnt get points, win prizes, and everthing else. They just need drivers to attend.

I had a slow up in the build, I decided to replace the throwout bearing just because I have everything open and some other misc. parts from honda. I ordered AEM digital oil psi and oil temp gauges, long acre electric cutoff, all required stickers for scca, scca patch with nomex thread for my suit, longacre mirror for the cage, fuse block for wiring, and some other crap.

I will be getting some pics up soon and I have friday off because the markets closed so I hope to get some petty boring stuff done like cleaning out the car and painting the interior.

More to come.

oem gasket kit for the valve cover, oem throw out bearing, oem thermostat, oem alternator bolts. I was surprised how fast it got here! I will have no excuses not to get work done tomorrow.

hondaparts.jpg

Last edited:
Back