my newest plan

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

That's Superintendent Chalmers car! =)

Originally posted by Havok@Jun 8 2004, 07:53 PM
Calm down, he has an opinion. You asked what everybody thought, he told you. If needed, put in your 1st post "what are your thoughts, POSITIVE ONLY!"
THEN, you can piss and moan.

tell me what u all think

EDIT : proof is in the quote.

No, he did not simply tell me that he thought it was a bad idea or anything along those lines. He referred to me smoking crack for having such an idea and that i should do something more worthwhile with my time. I think it is quite worthwhile, and willl be very sweet when done. An opinion is one thing being an asshat is another.

interesting idea... but you should do something more worth while with your time..

That is ALL he said, aside to joking about smoking crack. Learn to accept criticism.

You are the one being an asshat.

Don't argue with me, you are wrong. You asked what he thought, he told you. I can be MUCH more blunt with the idea, but I think I would make you cry. Just leave it at that, he dosen't agree with your idea.

Originally posted by senate_9427@Jun 8 2004, 10:45 PM
off topic, but Havok, what is that in your sig? is it the lyrics to a song? I've been meaning to ask

That's what PM's are for....and the answer is 336. If you are bored, look it up. Or ask Micah...Civicious may know as well. Just telling you strait up wouldn't be fun :)

I had a 77 Hatchy, a 79 Hatchy, and a 81 Sedan. They are old school, but were big pimpin back in the day. The 79 was my first car, light blue metallic.

I'm with ya on the big motor/little car thing. Even my pushmower has four forward gears and one reverse :)

I'd say that swap would be pretty similar to a civic hatch swap + wiring.

Anything can be done. Relocate the heater core and go for it!!!! The defrosters lick balls in that car anyway.

You could always put the engine in the back, hmmmm.

Good luck buddy. :) If I were closer, I'd lend a hand. B) I'm a pretty decent welder, LOL.

hey, don't get me wrong
i'm all about the uniqueness of the idea
wasn't trying to shit on your parade...

but uhm... have fun doing that cluster fuck...
i would think you would decide on a better chasis, or a better car to start with...
you're talking a ton of money and a ton of headaches with wiring and firewall clearance and just plain fitment in general...

you're still doing all that work for a front wheel drive light ass car... good luck getting it to hook up...

i think that'd be pimp.... i wouldn't have the budget for an h-series though, probably d

I think you should mount the motor in the rear.........no clearance problems. Unique as fuck and should help with the traction issues.

ya i had thought abou that btu that entails alot of other custom drivetarin fabrication that im not sure i want to get into but it still may be an option

seems to me that the whole f'in thing needs to be custom fabricated so why not go with the better performance oriented approach if you're gonna go through all the work anyway?

because:
a. the rear suspension would not be fun for anyone trying to put a drivetrain back there. unless you wanted an F/R car, this would be EXTREMELY hard to put a motor where people used to sit.
b. there is more room and actual structure up front that would be supporting the drivetrain.
and c. its always cool to see a front wheel drive car annhialating its tires.

am i correct in assuming that this car will be for fun purposes, and not for competition?

yes just a car to take to the track every now and a again and run some quick times with, and also to suprise the shit out of alot of cars on the street. basiclly thats all i want it for. I think they look cool as well. I havent yet owned a "vintage" honda so i figured this would be a cool way to go about it. also should be a sleeper from hell which i really like the idea of. What are u gonna think when you just got walked by a hatch from the 70's that you cant even identify? :lol:

i think honda stopped being "vintage" in 84 or so. whenever the car started being mostly plastic bumpers and stuff on the outside. nothin like having a sub 1900 lb car *full interior* and its STILL all metal!

Back