My newest upgrade to the garage.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jeffie7

Wrong Whole!
VIP
I had a 7 drawer tool chest from craftsmen. 4 big drawers and 3 small ones.
Not only was it not big enough it also had a lot of paint flaking and rust.

I got tired of having my tools laying around the garage as with my bedroom so I figured why not upgrade to a bigger chest?

gallery_3_9_20422.jpg

gallery_3_9_38428.jpg

Yay for once I can lay my tools in the drawer so I can find what I want. Before I had everything piled on top of each other.

I now have a 19 drawer toolchest and the odd part is I filled EVERY DRAWER! wow I had a lot of tools sitting around. Sure I could fit more if I wanted to shove everything in and make it fit but I like my things to look neat.

I have a drawer for my impact stuff, sockets, wrenches, breaker bar/torque wrenchs, electric, cutting, pliers, scrapers, odds and ends... list goes on and on.

I was going to buy another craftsmen unit. I found one about the same size as this for $329.99 after a 130 dollar mail in rebate. However it didnt have ballbearings, you had to buy and cut to size the liners and IMO felt much much cheaper.

I paid 349.99 for this unit and it has ballbearings, the drawer liners precut and pre installed. it also has locking wheels.

it feels 10 times better then the craftsmen unit. and cost less before rebate.

When you get into the highend craftsmen units then yes they do feel better but for a setup like this in the Sears HD ver.... we're talking $1500-2000 no thanks.

I'm happy with the buy.

:thumbsup:

My friend just sold his matco very similar to that, just a little wider for fricking 2k. I can't believe how stupidly over priced things are these days.

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra@May 8 2005, 05:18 PM
:thumbsup:

My friend just sold his matco very similar to that, just a little wider for fricking 2k. I can't believe how stupidly over priced things are these days.
[post=496652]Quoted post[/post]​

but they last forever and I can stash a small man in my bottom drawer :p

congrats jeffie

yeah so how the fuck do you see/reach the tools on top?

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@May 8 2005, 09:52 PM
what brand is that?

their websiet doesn't have anything close to that...
http://www.acehardware.com/family/index.js...egoryId=1259325
[post=496746]Quoted post[/post]​

I saw that. I bought it from our Local ACE that is owned by a local guy who I guess bought out the rights to use the name and stocks it with his own crap.

It's made by Clarke

Back