My next MTN. Bike

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i should do a 5-lug conversion and upgrade to brembo disc brakes..

err.. wait... no... wrong thing :p

naw, i ain't selling it. its not worth much anymore, being old as shit... but its still a near top of the line bike in my eyes

but its just collecting dust :(

if not then, lets go riding sometime soon :) I have the itch to hit some killer trails up in nepaug

i dont know about you guys but if im gonna spend $2999 on a bike, it will be about 13lb.s with a titanium frame and full suspension.

well, #1 dont buy a jeep bike, they are wal-mart specials, white brothers shocks are HIGHLY overrated, they will be good for weight cross country but cant hold up worth shit if u jump anything over 8 feet, which is a minor drop. also DO NOT GET AIR REAR SUSPENSION. only get coil, or air/coil, air are adjustable but just cant take the bumps as well as a coil, also only have 3-4 inches of travel. thats just brutal. dont geta cross coutnry bike, they are lame, u will realize the only fun is going fast DOWNHILL or freeriding and want new suspension and a bike with the dimanics to go down hill. Norco is by far the best and cheapest freeride bikes, they have amazing geometry and bulletproof suspension, i took my 125cc norco, all i have is snafu peddles and a new rise bar, off a 12 foot cliff, i broke the rim in half, the res of the bike was fine, then i went back to my norco dealer, said that i broke the rim and that is lame, cause it was only 12 foot, and he gave me a new downhill rim for free that comes with lifetime warrenty, i put a kumo 2.5" wide tire on there and it's a beast. bike was 900 canadian, came with oversizes frame, Truativ Crank and Gearing, With chainguard/guide, all XT components, and is disc brake ready, with hubs and locating pins in rear frame and shock. the shock was a Z4( not the best) Long travel, giving 4.5" of travel, and ate everybump, it was a hardtale, but b/c of the low rear end seat, and narrowness of frame the only time u missed the rear suspension is on the little bumps. go to norco man, get a real bike, u wont be upset u did. also to any1 into freeride/downhill biking, come to vancouver, its the craziest biking in the world, ive broken 1 arm my pinky twice and i got some sexy pics to prove it:). my fingure bent to the side:)

also, another thing to add ( since i dont know how to use edit) whenever something "New" comes out, it always sux for a while until its perfected, i think the AWD system is bunk, u wont get added cornering grip, b/c the tire is always rotating anyway, u might speed up a little faster, or climb hills a little faster, but GRIP is out of the question, downhill u peddle and brake, to control the back tire, while keeping the front on line, also, if u are exiting a corner, and nail the peddles in 1-3rd gear, u will spin ur back tire and front tire, and that is NOT wat u need to worry about when ur flying downhill at like 30-40 km/h. Go with the proven method, newer isnt always better.

1-3rd gear? Don't you usually ride with like a 24 speed mang? Well that's what I roll atleast, the gary fisher 24 speed with like fucking judy xt's. that's it. I jump the bitch off 8 footers and it lands like a champ.

my norco 125cc is an 8 speed:), so 1-3 gear is like more than 1/3rd of my gearing:). also, any bike can take an 8 footer, but white bro's shox and air rear suspension wont take that abuse to long b4 they blow seats and bottom out.

i had a fosher bir sur til some lil bastard made off with it, anyone race or used to race bmx?

Originally posted by xyswany@Jul 25 2003, 01:04 PM
i had a fosher bir sur til some lil bastard made off with it, anyone race or used to race bmx?

I did 2 years ago for around 2 seasons. I was decent, not really good, but alright for a beginner. My mom's ex bf's son that taught me how to race, on the other hand was 1st in amateur 19+ expert, on the west coast until he broke his hip joint.

cool, i raced for like 3 years and then i just got sick of paying entry fees for stupid plastic trophies and the track was like an hour away my friend was like 4x state champ

I just stopped because I didn't have rides anymore. I live like 30 minutes from a track, the entry fees didn't kill me, the parts did really. I kept breaking parts, forks, here, pedal cages here, crank arms here. It adds up so fast.

Back