MY ODDITY!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92dxhatch

well, i have a new clutch (stock) i put in about a month or so ago, well about a week later, my tranny when warm starts doing weird things, my clutch pedal gets hard, and my clutch slips, for example i was cruizing @80mph on the freeway, then floored it to get around traffic and to get off my exit, when flooring it, the rpm's maxed out like i was in neutral, but i was in fifth. it slipes so bad at that piont. when at a stop, the clutch won't engage untill the top of the pedal travel, when cool, its engages just off the beggining of the pedal travel. i was given a bad release bearing so last week i replaced it and checked out the tranny, i thought maybe i didn't get the pressure plate tight enought, it was fine, exactly to spec out of my helms. nothing was out of place. i am stumped, i even repalced the fluid just before i changed the clutch about a two months agon. by the way 92 dx D15b7, all stock. the only thing that i can think of at the moment is my fluid, it has all the symptomes, when hot the pedal is stiffer, not so much that i can't move it, but noticable, i barely have to touch the pedel and the clutch releases. could this be air in the system, or could it be the rubber hoses, and the reason i say rubber hoses, is i had the exact same problem with my brakes in my 64 beetle, and the problem was worn hoses.
i'm out of possiblities, so any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

~Ryan

Last edited:
That is very odd indeed. Air in the hydraulic lines can screw a lot of things up. Try bleeding the system first, then try the hoses. one problem area at a time. You may have gotten a bum clutch, who knows?

replace fluid and bleed well try that and make sure you have no leaks check clutch master and slave for leaks

NO LEAKS! i check regularly, nothing, i was thinking of getting a vacume system and replace all the fluid.

allright, i know its been awhile, but my problem still continues. i replaced my rubber clutch line with a stainless steel braided line, and bleeded the system.

yet, the problem still continues, clutch pedal gets very hard, and the clutch doesn't grab well. but when cold (i.e. morning) is just fine, grabs hard. i thought is was a worn rubber hose, but i guess not. i am out of ideas!!!

PLEASE HELP!!!

Quoted post[/post]]
allright, i know its been awhile, but my problem still continues. i replaced my rubber clutch line with a stainless steel braided line, and bleeded the system.

yet, the problem still continues, clutch pedal gets very hard, and the clutch doesn't grab well. but when cold (i.e. morning) is just fine, grabs hard. i thought is was a worn rubber hose, but i guess not. i am out of ideas!!!

PLEASE HELP!!!
Clutch Slave Cylinder or Clutch Master Cylinder letting air in.
The hole is small when cold, so not much air gets in, when warmed up, the hole probably gets more air.
These don't have to show leaks to be bad.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

PLEASE HELP!!!
Clutch Slave Cylinder or Clutch Master Cylinder letting air in.
The hole is small when cold, so not much air gets in, when warmed up, the hole probably gets more air.
These don't have to show leaks to be bad.

REALLY!!! it can have a hole, yet not leak fluid???
okay, i'll try to replace them and start over again.
thanks

MY ODDITY update 7-13-06

okay guys, i think i finially grabed ahold of this one and nipped it the butt.

i put a new Master clutch cyclinder and new slave cylinder and bleed the whole system. deffinity seam better. i'm pretty sure all the air is out, i used a power bleeder in this proccess, so it seams to be great, it doesn't do funky things in the heat anymore.

but one thing i noticed this morning was my pedal was almost to the floor, what could cause this? you barely had to touch it to bottom it out. i had to pull it back up. do i need to bleed it again?

thanks

i think your problem was prob the slave or master

sounds like you may still have air in the system?
are you sure to top it off before it gets too low while you;re bleeding?

it was the Master, because the push rod that goes to the cylinder was barely hangin on, but wasn't leaking, i capared to the new one and it was in bad shape, the old slave still looked good, but its wise to change its at the same time.

I use a power bleeder, so what it does is it uses air pressur to force the fluid into the resevoir and pushes it all the way to the slave where the bleeder is. so i never need to top off since it always has fluid. click

i think i might rebleed a bit more, just since i've been driving it. might of nocked some more airin the tight areas to bleed. thanks

okay another questions, each time i let my car sit, the clutch pedel sinks to the floor, even in 110 deg weather, especially in the morning, i have to use my foot to pull it back up. i don't know what going on! its not leaking, it doesn't have air, because if it did, the line will expand under high heat causeing the problem stated on the first comment above. its like it has a vacume or something. what else could cause this? you have your MC and resivoir to the flex line to the slave cylinder, is there something else i'm missing? i checked the hard line, everything looks great, no pinches at all and all checked out fine.

please helP!!!

~Ryan

seriously, again! dang, this is driving me nuts, i think i'm going to take off the slave cylinder and bleed it that way, so i can manuver the cylinder and maybe release some air. thanks again.

okay, I AM F****** PISSED RIGHT NOW, WELL THIS WEEKEND I WAS GOING TO RE-BLEED THE SYSTEM! and before i could get to it, my stainless steel braided clutch line burst into flames this morning!!!! i was waiting at one of our local mexican restaurants for their $3 breakfast borrito's. well i noticed some white smoke coming from my hood, well i also noticed my clutch pedel was to the floor again, i tried to pull it up but nothing, on top of that more smoke came out, open the hood to find a bright green/yellow fire eating my new clutch line and fluid everywhere.
ARGGGGG!!!!! peice of crap! no really i love my car, but when dumb crap like this happens i contiplate on selling, which i won't.

sorry, just had to vent! now i need to get a new clutch line. i've already spent $400 with a new timing belt, water pump, thermostat, Master clutch cylinder, slave cylinder, alternator, hood release cable, and a master main relay which bit the dust yesterday! i swear, after the 200k mile mark my car said i'm old "f*** it!" sorry, i don't swear, normally, i acctually can't stand it, but things like this just piss me off! well, i'm spending my weekend getting my car fixed, so hopefully it will turn out pretty well.

there is a bit of good news, i'm getting a Phearable ECU for my car for free! can't beat them apples! i atleast want to make sure everything is spot on before i even think about tampering with the ecu. well, if anyone has any advise or encouragement i could use it right now, plus if you pray, please pray that things will go smoothly, and that i can be calm and not get upset so easily.
thanks

~RYan

Update 7-22-06

Okay, i figured out that my clutchline as just junk, i ordered a oem one from Kreagen for $32. so that'll be here tuesday,

Today i just replaced the Timing belt, the water pump, alternator, and thermostat. it went real smooth, the crankshaft nut was a pain to get off, but i worked it out. car runs very smoothly, doesn't overheat, so i'm happy.

so when i get the part tuesday, i'll have a running car, yippie.

thanks for reading

~Ryan

Back