my oil feed line setup

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civic15.8

Ok i have heard that when you tap in to the block for oil go for the adapter that goes between the block and oil filter. Or you could screw a t-fitting into the block where the oil pressure switch is but it has been known to break there because of vibration.

So i was planning on running it this way
Taking a -3an stainless steel braided line in to the block where the oil pressure switch is. Then hook up a t-fitting so i can run a oil line, the switch, and a oil pressure gauge.

Will this work?

Of course it will! Its actually a slick idea! I know of some people (caugh caugh me) who just threaded a T in the block! I guess they say not to do that in case it snaps off! But when you use that line out of the block to the T fitting youll be ok! Some people also do it out of the copper tubing and make a loop!

Originally posted by civic15.8@Dec 3 2003, 05:43 PM
Ok i have heard that when you tap in to the block for oil go for the adapter that goes between the block and oil filter. Or you could screw a t-fitting into the block where the oil pressure switch is but it has been known to break there because of vibration.

So i was planning on running it this way
Taking a -3an stainless steel braided line in to the block where the oil pressure switch is. Then hook up a t-fitting so i can run a oil line, the switch, and a oil pressure gauge.

Will this work?

you don't tap into the block ever. the 2nd way you describe is the way that breaks.

the pressure dummy light switch can be removed and a 1/8" BSPT fitting screwed into place.

1/8 BSPT to -3 an male/male
ss line to firewall
npt "t" fitting mounted to firewall
plug the oil sender in one hole, and use 2 more of the npt fittings on the other two holes... for the ss line... and then use another ss line to go to the turbo

or, do it the right way- run a sandwhich adapter

http://www.goldeneaglemfg.com/str_vtec.html

ok thanks B i would go with the sandwich adapter but i already have all i the stuff i said before (my dad had the stuff in his garage unused)so i decided to use it instead but thanks anyways

just make sure you mount the T to the firewall for support.

they break cuz people let them hang, or T-off right after the block. the fitting and the line are not a big deal, but adding all the extra hardware is

Back