My own Breakfast

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hmm,

Goth girl, I don't know, thats a little odd.

1st 20 yo is trash, ditch her. She has fucking issues if she's so materialistic.

2nd 20 yo sounds like she puts herself around a bad crowd. Im not sure if i misunderstood your post or not, but you said that she got in a wreck 2 weeks ago, then her bf and friend got in another one w/o her, then got in another one w/ her there. Then yesterday she got in yet another wreck? wtf? Ok, so the latest one, I'm not sure about, but the others, she might be kinda stupid for putting herself in a situation where people are drinking and driving. Sounds like she either has some shitty luck, or has a hard time making good decisions.

The 35 yo. Sounds like trash that hangs at the bar and probably goes home with random ass people. Anyone who is reliant on alcohol and going to clubs/bars to have a "good time" and labels others who don't as boring is a waste of time in my book.

I don't waste my time or $ on going out to places like that. Yea, I drink seldomly, maybe a glass of wine or a beer, every once in a while, but it's not the only thing that keeps me entertained. There's so much more shit to do out there than wasting your time with that, that I have no real desire to drink most of the time. I too get the same thing you do as being labeled boring, so I totally feel ya there, and I too realized that I'm the one being productive and really enjoying my time, not the drunks.

Creatures of the Night

I was a waiter, an unrepentent bohemian yahoo and a night hawk for many, many years. I see that old painting of the Nighthawks and to me it is warm and inviting. It is not something I do now that I have my family, but the call is always there. There are times that I miss my tribe.

Somewhere along the twisted line that is my life I read or heard someone say that You become what you are. Might have been Heidegger but the source has long since been lost in the background noise. Many people have great ideas, often repeated on bar stools from night to night, of what they think they are or what their plan is. The truth is that they have no idea that they have become what they are in the moment: a dreamer on a bar stool.

Point is that at 35 I wonder if she has the desire to change. There is a whole other world that exists in the margins of the city at night. In this world their move some truly incredible people among the lost, the addicts, and the hangers on. I was taken in more than once by the majesty of an untamed woman that moved unhindered and unapologetically through this world.

I may be over romanticising but I don´t see the need to throw in the other side of it here... All i say is don´t generalize a lifestyle you have not lived, nor understand. Self destruction is a right, and an art form if you are so inclined, but the night life is not always self destruction.

Just because this is what she does does not make her a bad person, just a different person from you. Ultimately it will come down to what moves you in life. There is often a void that was filled in the margins of the night. The right person could fill that void for her, or, maybe this lifestyle is who she is. Remember what I said about the idea of a woman as opposed to the truth.

Time will tell and you never do know. My wife could not be more different from me. Take it for what it is. In the end it will at least make for a good story...

excellent post

rep for you

Yeah, I repped too . Great post.

That woman wrote me back a few times, but I think I scared her away. Maybe my conversation was too heavy ("What's your favorite direction and why" kinda questions). She hasn't written back in a few days.

But Turbomirage pointed out that my own brain is far more cynical than reality. A woman not saying "Yes" is not the same as a woman saying "no". And even if they say "Maybe" or "Not right now" it's still not "no". Trying to remember these things.

living dead girl at work is back, and doing ok. She's getting more scars than I have, which is horrible for her but fine by me. But I gathered up the nerves to ask her out for a bike ride, and she responded that she is mortally afraid of bikes (She won't even touch mine). This makes her a complete mismatch for me. And also, I finally pinned it: She looks like Lindsay Lohan, early career. Freckles, bright red hair, the whole thing.

Haven't heard anything else except for a few floozies losing their shit about my bike (Oh my GOD ! Are you a stunter !?) and the usual horseshit. But I've been working constantly for the past month to try and make mortgage, so I haven't been getting out.

Haven't heard anything else except for a few floozies losing their shit about my bike (Oh my GOD ! Are you a stunter !?) and the usual horseshit. But I've been working constantly for the past month to try and make mortgage, so I haven't been getting out.
YEA I TAKE IT OFF SOME PRETTY SWEET JUMPS^_^

The guys I rode with asked me at the last stop if I do any tricks.

"Yeah, I keep it under 100"

You should see me on this thing.. I look like a jockey on a 20 hand horse. bike is WAY too big for me.

My parents have an 18 hand horse, and he's big, but not too big. Kids still ride him. the largest I've personally seen is 20 hands. He was fucking huge. like a 4000 lbs animal.

We need to divide rep between wisdom and engine knowledge...

Someone might think I'm actually a trained mechanic and not a backyard yahoo...

Add another girl:

22, thin and totally hot. A friend of mine. We've been friends since I was with my ex, for about a year and a half. She's the best friend of my best friend's wife. She's been fucking her best friends brother (hang with me here..) for over a year while he's had another long term girl. (like, 6 years with her). He's 25 and he burns houses down for a living. I'm serious, this guy is major scum.

She has a 5 year old son who's a pretty good kid, if but a bit stupid from educational neglect. The kid loves me.

And apparently she does too. Now that she knows I'm single she's calling me all the time, and wants me to help her get into college (helping with prep and placement tests). She owns her own house, is a waitress that makes $1000 cash (Not a stripper, believe that shit?) and wants to get into the medical field (Again, imagine that)

But she isn't dumping her abusive boyfriend because he now lives in her house, as of 2 months ago. She can't stand him. But isn't dumping him.

Discuss this one. Oh, and when I say she's hot, we're talking lingerie model hot.

Add another girl:

22, thin and totally hot. A friend of mine. We've been friends since I was with my ex, for about a year and a half. She's the best friend of my best friend's wife. She's been fucking her best friends brother (hang with me here..) for over a year while he's had another long term girl. (like, 6 years with her). He's 25 and he burns houses down for a living. I'm serious, this guy is major scum.

She has a 5 year old son who's a pretty good kid, if but a bit stupid from educational neglect. The kid loves me.

And apparently she does too. Now that she knows I'm single she's calling me all the time, and wants me to help her get into college (helping with prep and placement tests). She owns her own house, is a waitress that makes $1000 cash (Not a stripper, believe that shit?) and wants to get into the medical field (Again, imagine that)

But she isn't dumping her abusive boyfriend because he now lives in her house, as of 2 months ago. She can't stand him. But isn't dumping him.

Discuss this one. Oh, and when I say she's hot, we're talking lingerie model hot.
there is no golden, sparkly, vibrating pussy in this universe that is worth the drama she will bring into your life.

Last edited:
Likely.

I've been told lots of things these past few weeks that I've said "No, not me!" and have been proven completely and utterly wrong on.

I do need to play the field though, keep the machinery oiled. If I step back from anything with a problem, I'll be old and lonely.

I do need to play the field though, keep the machinery oiled. If I step back from anything with a problem, I'll be old and lonely.
no, you wont. not at all. you will never be left wondering about a decision that has a higher possibility of a negative outcome.

good result=she dumps the guy, kicks him out, gives you mindblowing sex, marries you, has your children and loves you for a lifetime. you dont' have to deal with him or baby daddy's drama and she leaves "waitressing" job that could give you future insecurities for a job in medical.

or.....

the bad= you hook up, bf comes around wanting to fight you, baby's daddy pays a visit, she complains about both men. she quits the job for school and never actually goes. the kid calls you daddy and you have one with her. you break up because there is too much stress. now you have child support, a house, a kid, and huge debt.

which is more likely to occur in YOUR life.

I guess, Things don't fall up.

So am I to alter or enhance my theories on Entropy in relationships ? It's likely not going to ever get better than it already is ?

So am I to alter or enhance my theories on Entropy in relationships ? It's likely not going to ever get better than it already is ?
you are asking people whom you give advice to, to give it back to you. all we are going to do is regurgitate it all.

i found someone great. she isn't 100% of the things i was looking for, and there are some things I would definitely change about her past. but she's not a whore, she has a great career (makes more money than me), doesn't have kids, doesn't do drugs, and she loves me more than anybody ever has. and she takes care of me and shows me she doesn't want to lose me.

you have to decide if the shit that comes with a certain individual is worth overlooking. is she that amazing of an individual that will make you overlook the kid, bf drama, job, etc? probably not. odds are, you could find that somewhere else without all the bullshit.

tell her to clean up her loose ends first, then you will consider it. 2 reasons, 1)you will test to see if she wants to make progress with you. 2) you will see if she really wants to turn her life around.

girls keep guys around for a reason. and if he lives with her, she's not looking for a golden parachute, she is just looking at what she thinks is greener grass, but wont go anywhere. you are a smart man. put on some shoes and walk away from this one. you know this.

as far as getting better...yes it does, but i had to go through a lot of shit to get here. a lot of baby daddy drama, a lot of ex-bf bullshit, a lot of kids, no jobs, no ambition....it's always going to be something. you just have to decide if that one individual is worth overlooking that shit and if you can that same individual out there that doesn't have the same baggage. and odds are you can. the thing about me is that i was willing to risk being lonely to find it.

you can't have it all until you are willing to risk losing it all.

Last edited:

No. Just don't try to be superman. You owe it to yourself to start with a decent girl with a relatively clean slate. Even if it works out for the best, it will be so much work. Do you really want to have to do that? There are millions of girls, and, while you may not necessarily meet millions in your lifetime, you will meet a large enough chunk to make dating this girl a waste of time.

Back