1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My PC speakers are possessed!

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by GSRCRXsi, Nov 6, 2007.

1. GSRCRXsi

GSRCRXsi Super Moderator Moderator VIP

lol, wtf. recently i can hear voices and shit coming out of my pc speakers. they are like gospel readings and shit. and occasionally music. even with my computer OFF it will do it. no im not crazy, i had my gf and my brother listen and they can hear it too. it fades in and out and can only be heard with the volume turned all the way down (it goes away as you turn the volume up, weird) but even with my computer off? wtf is going on. where is the sound coming from? the speakers arent wireless so it cant be some kind of interference. and its only plugged into the wall for power and my computer for audio.

anyone have this happen before?

2. norcalgsr

norcalgsr Honda Master Technician

Wow that's kind of creepy... can't say I have ever experienced that before. I wish I could come check it out that sounds interesting!

3. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

Shield your signal wires?

4. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

:werd:

If persists, record it! I want to hear.

5. norcalgsr

norcalgsr Honda Master Technician

6. awptickes

awptickes unimpressed by you VIP

I used to have a subwoofer that would get shortwave broadcasts. Pretty cool, but if you consider that a lot of transistors are dual-purpose, it's not that far-fetched. I've actually modified cheap speakers to become shortwave radios.

I'd try to move it, and you might get rid of it. Try powering them from a different outlet. Try unplugging the input audio cable, try using better, thicker, heavier cables. If that fails, open them up, and add some shielding, or just buy some new ones. But remember that the FCC has regulations about these things:
    It's been trimmed a little bit, but the meaning is there. Basicly, it's the manufacturer's responsibility to ensure that their product(s) are within the criterea. Complain to the radio station nearby about the interference you've been receiving, that's probably the source. If you want, you can look up the nearby operators of shortwave and high-power stations and give them a call. Just complain, and they'll try to work with you to fix the problem. They have to.

The volume thing... the radio broadcast will go away, because there's a different load on the op-amp and that'll change the resonate frequency, try messing with bass and treble knobs too. ;)

Btw, I think you're using possessed the wrong way, it is the right word, just the way you are using it implies that the speakers are possessed by an evil spirit; when in actuality, they are possessed by the 'Holy Ghost' (or Reverend Jackson, either one.)

--
    Here's what you can do, as advised by the FCC:
    I'm betting you have a Class A device. You can try the things I suggested above, if that doesn't help, looks like SOL.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2007
  7. GSRCRXsi

GSRCRXsi Super Moderator Moderator VIP

wow, lots of info. i dont really care, and it doesnt bother me, i just though it was funny lol. so you guys think its just interference? i just didnt think a speaker could work like that since theres no reciever or anything, just wires. unless its the subwoofer/control "box" thats picking it up and sending it to the speakers.

8. Taco15

Taco15 I wear stretchy pants VIP

boooooogimmi your crxwoooooooooopshhhhhhhhhh

does it sound like that?

9. dacheat

dacheat ..is grounded.

:laugh:

10. Airjockie

Airjockie Watanabe Whore!!!

take a sound clip from them...then sell them on Ebay...some spritial guy would buy them at exuberant prices since it speaks from the mouth of GOD.

11. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

my speakers start doing sort of morse code when the cell phone is about to ring and is sitting within 2 feet of the speakers..

12. Celerity

Celerity Well-Known Member

CB interference. Maybe sunspots and a specific shortwave program.

It happens.

13. Taco15

Taco15 I wear stretchy pants VIP

especially with the nextel phones. Back when i had 2 15'' subs and my cell phone would ring, all i would here is this weird wavy noise a slight thumbing as i pick up my phone. I guess some of the new phones a re bettr designed since i havent had a problem since

14. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

i had the same problem with my headphones at my condo. i kept getting some spanish channel or some shit. lol

15. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

that happens to me from time to time if i eat the right kind of mushrooms :ph34r:

16. knuteiriktveiten

knuteiriktveiten New Member

i get cb radio signals some time...same thing?

17. kermit5327

kermit5327 New Member

what it is is the volume control knob sometimes certian ones when set to the right spot with pick up a close range radio station it acts as a tunning knob in an old radio

i once bought this thing that was suppose to sound like the ocean or the inside of the mothers thingy for the baby. it was for my new born little brother well when we put batteries in it it kept repeting marry fucking christmas ho ho ho and it sounded like a mexican saying it. the scary part of it is that it was around christmas time. needless to say my mom made me take it back.... weird shit

Last edited: Nov 6, 2007
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted