My plan. CRX.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I JUST SOLD MY WHITE 91 si ,.............

111000 original miles... with black/grey interior..... all Si's have that interior....

sold it for 2k

Originally posted by EGLSHB@Sep 4 2003, 02:09 PM
I JUST SOLD MY WHITE 91 si ,.............

111000 original miles... with black/grey interior..... all Si's have that interior....

sold it for 2k

Damn you!
:D
Why didn't you post it on here? I woulda been all over that. Unless you lived in CA or some crazy ass far place like that.

I knew you of all people would run in here as soon as I said that!

:fuckyou:

:D

my buddy has one also, a white one with perfect black full intact interior. he put a nice black lip on the car and it rides on rota SS's, no mods but the car is so clean and honestly I would have considered it over the EG class. oh, it's an si...

Milan

Thanks guys! I want to be told that everyone else has the car I want!
Dicks!

:D :eek: :lol: :) :D

thanks for all the suggestions and comments.

And you still say 13.25:1 is too high for the street? I can lower it to like 12.7:1 with the regular Y8 headgasket. Is that more friendly???

damn i have wanted a white si for yrs, white si's are very rare in good shape, bought a hatch instead. :doh:

My 89 Si has a grey/black interior. Too bad the interior has been making its way to the dumpster piece by piece...

:lol:

khrisb- your calculations might be getting you 13.25 compression, but I think you should be using the piston to deck height for the pistons that you're using in the block. The rods are staying the same, so the piston to deck height is determined by the piston... also because the deck height is the same for all the D16 blocks.

Here's my setup:

D16A6 block (75x90mm)
D16Z6 head (34.6cc)
PM7 pistons (DOHC ZC, 7.2cc dome)
D16Y8/D16Z6 standard head gasket (.037in)
OEM ZC piston to deck height (0.040in)

12.032262720898797:1 compression
1590.6042426732533cc displacement

That would be a very streetable setup. Mine will be slightly higher compression because I'll be running coated pistons and a slightly larger bore to make room for the coating (insignificant), but it will still be very close to 12.0:1.

I thought about it and that would make sense for the piston to deck height with the pistons I'll be using. I got 12:1 too. That should be pretty potent on the street. I gotta talk to my friend Kevin and see what he has to say. I'm also assuming all the parts will work together. Nobody said they wouldn't.

Thanks for your help, Cal.

I haven't tried myself, but I've read tons of reports from people running DOHC ZC pistons in a Z6 setup without any clearance issues. I'm just going to slap mine together and clay it to make sure, but I doubt I'll have any problems. You probably won't either.

You're welcome too. :)

i built a motor very similar to what you are talking about, but it had a zex cam, and it put down 162 to the wheel, it was hard to get it to run right until i got a VAFC.
D16 vtec with ZC pistons and ZEX cams with header i made.
Fun car, it was my type R killa! Surprised a lot of B16 swaps.

DO you have a little more info on your setup, like all the specific components you used? I am probably going to be a similiar setup.

Originally posted by no2psi@Sep 5 2003, 01:15 PM
i built a motor very similar to what you are talking about, but it had a zex cam, and it put down 162 to the wheel, it was hard to get it to run right until i got a VAFC.
D16 vtec with ZC pistons and ZEX cams with header i made.
Fun car, it was my type R killa! Surprised a lot of B16 swaps.

No shit? I want to know more... 150whp is my target (conservative), but more would be even better. I was planning on using the Crower Stage 3 cam. I assume you used the 59300? I already have my ZC pistons and VAFC ready to go.

This is from memory but a d16z6 with oversized ZC pistons from Acura.
I used a metal head gasket. The head was milled around .020" That was needed because the head was warped from overheating. I ported the head myself, nothing crazy. Just deburred it. I used crower valvetrain springs and retainers. I used the zex cam #59300. And a AEM cam gear. The header was 4 to 1, pretty sure we used 1 3/4" . No cat no exhaust. Used a chipped p28 with VAFC. Thats pretty much it. a lot of work and compression. to make 160 whp. That was std power not sae power so id say 157 sae. Overbored thottle body, port matched intake. And last but not least. VP fuel. 107 octane unleaded.

Damn, that's pretty extensive on the build. We'll see how close I can get. I don't plan to use race gas, but I think I can make 150whp on 93 octane.

Back