My project

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Lion

Hi everyone I would like to get you all involved with my project in doing my MODs!

I have a 1998 SIR B16A hatch back civic
Best time on the quater mile time is 14.8

Exsisting Mod
Aero-Speed Headers 4-2-1
2.5 inch mandrel bent pipe from front to back
Dyno: 128 Horse power to the wheels.
Tourque: 98

Planned Mods for the next drag meet

Full Skunk2 exhaust including Catback(Just installed)
Skunk II Stage 2 camshaft springs and retainers
Fuel Pressure regulator

Questions:
1. Do I need to upgrade my stock injectors?
2. Do I need cam gears now or can I add it later?

I look foward to you suggestions and comments as work on my project.

yes you can use your stock injectors...

and yes your gonna wanna get cam gears when you get your cams

you always might want to look into raising your compression and do at least a mild port and polish to see good results outta those cams, other wise you wont notice a big difference. skunk IM manifold with a bored out TB would also be wise, but not that needed

a Apex v-afc would be a good idea for tunnin :p

isn't 128whp a little low for a b16 SiR?

getting your head milled and high compression pistons maybe what you want to start looking into.

Originally posted by NotUrAverage_Si@Apr 11 2004, 06:43 AM

getting your head milled and high compression pistons maybe what you want to start looking into.

Yea, it is, and I'd resort to milling last, go higher compression pistons, and thinner headgasket first, remember, once you take it off, it ain't comin' back. You might want to do a compression test, and see where the rest of you power is going before adding other mods, a B16A should be sitting at between 145 and 160 for a JDM SiR/SiRII motor.

yea, my friend also has the jdm b16a motor. he has it blown with the jackson at 8lbs with dc echaust, aem cai and dc 4-1 ceramics. He only pushes 170hp to tha wheels

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Apr 10 2004, 11:03 PM-->
NotUrAverage_Si
@Apr 11 2004, 06:43 AM

I'd resort to milling last, go higher compression pistons, and thinner headgasket first, remember, once you take it off, it ain't comin' back.

:werd:

thinner head gasket = better idea.

Originally posted by NotUrAverage_Si@Apr 11 2004, 12:43 AM

128whp is ok for a nearly stock B16A i think.

Last Month in Berlin was "Big Dyno Day" :p and the B16A had around 130whp too......

That is kind of low IMO.

I'd probably do cam gears and a vafc at the same time that you do the cams, and some higher compression pistons. With this build, you'd see some definetly good results IMO.

Originally posted by Ger_Mugen_Civic+Apr 11 2004, 10:02 AM-->
NotUrAverage_Si
@Apr 11 2004, 12:43 AM

128whp is ok for a nearly stock B16A i think.

Last Month in Berlin was "Big Dyno Day" :p and the B16A had around 130whp too......

my b16a2 dyno'd about 142whp stock.

IMO, 128 and 130whp are low for a B16. Most stock B16's I've seen dyno'd from about 138-145whp. Every motor is different though so I guess that's the reason.

Hey guys thanks for you'all imput I thought 128 was a bit low even for my stock b16 but when I did 14.8 on the quater mile I had mixed feelings.

I now have the cams and I will be putting them in on tuesday along with springs and retainers. I will also be adding a fuel pressure regulator. I have ordered the cam gear but I will not get them till the end of the month.

Please keep posting your coments. I will keep you all abreast with what is going on.

Thanks

I should also mention that when I did this time I was on street tyres and regular rims as this is a car a drive to work everyday. I was also running regular 90 octane so I was really suprised when I got back to the starting line and was told that I was disqualified as I broke of of the 15sec class with a time of 14.8 and a reation time of 0.6

Back