My R Block Has Arrived

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

chet

as a few of you know...i bent 2 rods in my b16a3...due to sucking up water.

so i ordered a BRAND NEW B18C5 Block...it arrived today...will go into my car this weekend.

s3e9e083a0271d.jpg

s3e9e081804e2f.jpg

s3e9e08299eb1f.jpg

edited that...

and as far as the intake...it was more of a freak accident although this time i will be running a COMPTECH airbox.

Pictures do not work, it say "thanks for stealing our bandwith" Just save them to your computer then upload them into the gallery. When did that happen with your b16a3? (one more of 7500ish b16a3's gone :( ) With your ITR are you going to run a iceman intake or are you going to go with an icebox (cough *safer* *better* cough)?

new as in no miles? Bet that set you back a pretty penny.

so are you gonna have the b16 head on the type r block? seems like you would be robbing it of performance if you did that, unless the head is upgraded too....how much did that set you back? and does a block from honda include pistons, rods, and all that stuff?

i should make 170-140 immediately...possibly more with tuning.

the block comes complete, rods, pistons, etc...

the b16a head is virtually the same as the R head...and i'm going to stay with the p30 intake manifold because it makes more midrange power...which is better for road racing.

i may in time go with spoon cams, spoon valvetrain etc...but it all depends on how my oem setup works out...and if i'm running low 13's with all honda parts...honda reliability...i will be happy.

best price i have seen for a new c5 block is 1900 does that sound about right chet?

2050 is the price i got...and around 2000 is probably the best anyone will find...

i have a friend who works at acura...although the biggest part of it is finding a dealership that has access to the blocks...as there were only 4 in the country before i got mine.

beautiful chet! i'm waiting for mine to blow so i have an excuse to do something to my bottom end... c5 block sounds enticing :)

ok, here are more pictures....56k beware...

the advantages...C5 pistons are higher compression...external oil pump...

s3e9f3ea7493ed.jpg

s3e9f3f0c222ee.jpg

s3e9f3f1b04e31.jpg

s3e9f3ea7493ed.jpg

s3e9f3ee1ad57e.jpg

external water cooler!!!!!

sorry, i mistated that...

you can see where the water lines run in/out...

Back