My R Block Has Arrived

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yes, sorry...i'm not thinking straight tonight.

Wow chet, you look like a kid opening a gift on christmas day y0! Very nice looking, soon enough I shall have a bseries block to build.

hmm. well i will agree that it is bad as hell... and its kinda late to go back on it now...

but, out of curiosity, how would the c5 bottom end (1787cc i think) compare to a b1 (1800ish) with higher compression pistions?

or am i now dumber'er for asking that

no external oil cooler...rod/stroke ratio is worse...not built by honda...would have to drill external lines...

the R block is the ultimate b-series setup...

C1 = C5. I'da gone GSR for the saved cashola. Sorry, bud.

For 2 grand you could have had a DART solid block. :D

Even cheaper would have been a B18A 90-93 Integra block...then build the bottom end....whatever....I guess if you got the cash then what the hell!

Originally posted by importimage@Apr 18 2003, 04:55 AM
Even cheaper would have been a B18A 90-93 Integra block...then build the bottom end....whatever....I guess if you got the cash then what the hell!

b18a blocks don't have oil squirters, oil passages for a VTEC head, an oil cooler, or a block girdle.

b18c1/ b18c5 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> b18a / b18b

Originally posted by SiR Kid@Apr 18 2003, 05:35 AM
b18c1/ b18c5 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> b18a / b18b

i disagree. the b18b has a higer displacement that the c1/5(like 37cc i think). personally i would get a 18b and then build it, but im biased because i have one ;)

chet has to be one of the only kids in college who sleeps with an engine block, instead of people with the opposite sex ;)

Originally posted by SiR Kid@Apr 18 2003, 03:29 AM
C1 = C5. I'da gone GSR for the saved cashola. Sorry, bud.

For 2 grand you could have had a DART solid block. :D

But the dart blocks are bare arnt they. You still have to supply all the internals.

the R block is the ultimate b-series setup...

i think that says it all for you guys that think he should have got an ls block.

Adam, your going to do an LS VTEC? What are you going to do with your b16 bottom end?

actually...regarding price...a GSR block and B16A3 block are more expensive...because they isn't a demand for them...which means they aren't as plentiful.

and i want OEM reliability...and i'll get that with this block. i'll make 190whp with tuning and cams which will allow me to run 13.0's @ 106+.

i can't think of a cheaper, easier way to make the horsepower i'm looking for...as i want to road race/auto-x this car for several years to come.

Originally posted by chet@Apr 18 2003, 09:55 PM
actually...regarding price...a GSR block and B16A3 block are more expensive...because they isn't a demand for them...which means they aren't as plentiful.

Wouldn't it be the other way around? Wouldn't it be if there is a demand, supplies would be less...Example : go to Wal Mart and look at DVD's...new ones tend to be sold out, while Glory or Lethal Weapon 4 have about 20 copies for 9.97.

AFIPUNK: you would think this would be the case, but you should call bert @ gettel acura and price a del sol block, gsr block and R block.

the R block will be the least expensive...

i think its because honda knows there is a specific demand for R blocks. spoon, toda, and various road race teams are in constant need of R blocks. while the GSR block is also excellent, its not as popular and for tihs reason built less often and in smaller quantities...

that is how i understood "bert's" explanation...although i could be wrong.

Back