my random noob low comp build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kermit5327

so here is what i got if i have a y8 block and crankshaft with y8 rods z6 pistons could i fit a zc head on my y8 block?
and does any one know what the piston to deck height would be on that

but if that is possible then i should be at 7.23:1 compression

does that bould sound possible and what else cound i do to lower the comp more

then if i run that set up at 6, 8, and 12 pounds of boost. when boost hits i should be at around 10.18:1, 11.16:1, and 13.13:1 compression never taking the motor to the danger point in comp. now yes all that is figured on just calculations and not figuring in what type of vavles and cam and fuel that is all figuered out on stock numbers

sohc zc sorry and i used this calculator Compression Calculator - Honda, Acura Tech Website, tutorials, tuning and HOW-TO's. Drag racing, street racing, road racing - C-speedracing.com

and this for the boost part
https://hondaswap.com/turbo-information/static-vs-effective-compression-29102/

then what would be a good comp to shoot for i dont have a hp range set because im going for hp to comp to boost me and a buddy of mine are going to compare a car that is at stock comp to a car that is boosted up to stock comp

thank you bery much for clearing that up for me i have been trying to figure that out for a while and a buddy of mine has 4 door 93 and he has a d16y8 in it and it has stock 9.6:1 comp and all he has done to it is intake exhaust so is what i wanna try to do is shoot for when boost hits for my compression to be around the 9.6 range +/- .1 to see if my car will be faster or not so i guess my horse power range would be around 127

and im also doing my build from stock parts from different motors and if 7.23 is too low and i need to be around the 8.5 range then i can get it to 8.43 by changing the head to a d16a6 head

and is there a such thing as like a spacer to put between the head and block

so lets say i was to race a car that was na 200 hp and my car is 200 turbod the turbod car would win

and what is VE

and with the way that my car sits now i have killer power in 1st and 2nd but 3rd and on has nothing at all i have to have it floored to get any power and it still dont build but like 3 pounds of boost and thats on a d15b8

yes i know of the thicker head gasket but i didnt know if there was a such thing as something to but between the block and the head to create more of a space

and would the build work if i was to switch to a a6 head cuz im trying to find a way to get the most boost and power out of a stock build safely im not going to use any after market parts and once im done with this build i am going to go with a NA high comp build using stock parts then maybe im going to switch to the dohc

and as random as this may sound does anyone thing that it would be possable to mate a b head on a d block if not how come other then it wont fit i know that much but im wondering what the tech reasons are for it not fitting like plugs ecu that kinda random stuff

Last edited:
ok so here is what ive got so far to go fi you want low boost but not too low because then you will not be able to spool the turbo and to increase my VE and over all increase the power i can do a pnp job and find a bigger tb but then i get stuck with which tb to use the hardest part about all of this is that i am useing stock parts all im going to do aftermarket is like head bolts and stuff like that and some machine work but nothing big im going to be the work my self so ill prolly only do like pnp on the head and tb and thats it

and according to the calculater ill have 8.6:1 but thats all on stock i dont know how to include like pnp and stuff im not all that keen up on the math so im stuck to the way off calculaters lol but what im stuck wondering is how high can i take the boost comp ratio before it is in the cutting it close range

and with what you say about building the motor so i can get the same hp rating with less boost how could i go about doing that like go less boost and higher comp or what

sorry for so much of the randomness im am very new and all i have really done is reading and reading and well some more reading so now all the questions have gottin backed up and now there starting to come out thanks for the help and as i said before this will be my first real car build that i have done by "myself" i say that because the build is pretty much looking to be what ppl on here say is no or go

Last edited:
okay I have a question, if I run viatara pistons in a y7 block with a y8 head port and pollished, venom high flow injectors, and fuel rail, and a vafc2 with cai, and headers, high flow cat, and full exhaust would that put me in the 200 hp range? and would that be a safe enough platform to turbo and boost around 15 psi???

Back