My recent valve cover project

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

brian11to1

What do you think of this valve cover?

Keep in mind, it was rattle canned almost immediately after it was stripped. The paint came out horrible. I was going for an anodized purple look but it looks like its more plum purple now.

Anyway, what do you think?

What I started with... (I had the bungs welded on by a shop for $50 including bungs.)
IMAGE_092.jpg

Red paint stripped.
IMAGE_024.jpg

OE breather tube removed. I just used pliers, however Honda Tuning used a torch to heat up the aluminum and pull the breather tube out.
[/B]
IMAGE_025.jpg

IMAGE_023.jpg

I tapped it with a 3/8" tap and sealed it with a 3/8" allen set screw.
IMAGE_028.jpg

Finished product.
IMAGE_030.jpg

I was extremely bored on one of my days off and figured why not. I do plan on shaving off the lettering as well as the 2 ears that stick off the valve cover and lastly that lump of shit on the belt cover portion.

Hope thats powder coated!

And why shave the lettering? I like the lettering. To each his own, I suppose.

I just like the smooth look. No it's not powder coated, its spray painted. I'm going to end up shaving off all the nubs that stick off it for the 10mm bolts to make it ultra smooth... but I gotta get some grinding bits and shit for my dremel before I do that.

I need to sand off the back and timing belt covers cuz both of those have wicked runs in them. I might get it moon cut and do it all over again... IDK.

Hope thats powder coated!

And why shave the lettering? I like the lettering. To each his own, I suppose.

whats wrong with paint??

as long as its high temp and the surface was prepped properly it should be fine

Sort of, paint, no matter what the temp, will discolor and degrade on a motor. Powder coat won't. Just a much better finish.

And save yourself some time! sand blast that biatch.

Back