My refund check came!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use scottrade.com but for what you're trying to do I'd go with ingdirect.com they're by far the highest return. scottrade is nice for doing stocks.

scottrade has or at least had a $500.00 min to open an account.

If you can open an account with only $200.00 at scottrade I'd do that and put it into some cheap stocks that might make a run up, SIRI Sirius radio, is one that I think in the long run will do pretty good. but for now its pretty cheap.

If you sign up for scottrade let me know so I can send you my ref # and get both of us either free trades or free money.

Ok, sorry I simply asked for the name of what I'd talked about with Jeffie, Brian and all you non-question answering asshats previously... This isn't about monthy contributions, this was simply about something I could talk to someone locally about and you're giving me the same stuff they're giving me, which I didn't ask for and don't want.

So nevermind.

Why are you so thick headed sometimes?

I do this for a living, inconsequently... I just happen to know a little bit about what I'm talking about.

People are looking out for your best interest.

If you want posters to give you piss poor advice and tell you that its intelligent to invest a lump sum of $200, I'm sure we can all pull together and collectively steer you in the wrong direction.

Once again, you should be thanking your lucky stars that people are simply trying to look out for you and give you solid advice.

Yes, you were told the correct information - you can start off small and make a significant impact on your future, but small is relative.

We already told you solid advice. ingdirect.com with a deposit of $250 so they throw in that $25 bonus, is your best option. If you were to purchase stocks, even through an online brokeage firm, you would have to pay a fee, which is going to cut into your already limited funds. $200 won't produce anything with a mutual fund, even if you just let it sit there - the interest rates on any debt you have would eat away any profit you made. Bonds are too long term if you're that strapped for cash right now that $200 is what you have to invest.

You can try something like the coins that B is into and invest in $200 worth of coins that might see a good return in the next year or two, but if you're sticking with cash - just stick the money in a savings account.

I realize that, But what you said in your previous post I've heard several times now. I'm sorry, but it wasn't the information I was after with this thread.

I realize that, But what you said in your previous post I've heard several times now. I'm sorry, but it wasn't the information I was after with this thread.

The key, here, is that the information that you're seeking doesn't exist. Simply put, if it did, everyone would take a lump sum of $200.00 and invest it.

We're looking at the best returns on this sum of money.

How are you looking at this situation?

I was looking for the name of the type of investment so that I could chat more with someone local and find out the basics face to face. I wasn't looking for investment advice.

Why are you being so thick headed about me telling you that I'm not looking for investment advice in the thread, just asking what the type of investment was.

edit: i hate it when my internet/laptop/whatever times out when I make a post.

I was looking for the name of the type of investment so that I could chat more with someone local and find out the basics face to face. I wasn't looking for investment advice.

Why are you being so thick headed about me telling you that I'm not looking for investment advice in the thread, just asking what the type of investment was.

"but I can't remember what everyone was saying I should invest it into. Not a CD or a small interest savings account, but something else."

Say what you mean and mean what you say.

"what everyone was saying I should invest it into." That, right there, my friend is investment advice.

Money market
mutual fund
stocks
bonds
permanent life insurance
commodity
real assets
equity
debt
roth ira

Also, by giving you solid advice, I'm not being thick headed. I'm extrapolating the fact that you have no idea what the hell you're doing and you need guidance. Clearly this is true because 1) you think $200 will do anything for you and 2) you don't even know what you're planning to invest in.

Basically the fact that you're not a client, I don't have to sugar coat everything and I can conveniently tell you that you're in over your head and perhaps you should take the advice of the nice gentleman that posted or read up (as I suggested) on finance and investments.

Last edited:
"but I can't remember what everyone was saying I should invest it into. Not a CD or a small interest savings account, but something else."

Say what you mean and mean what you say.

"what everyone was saying I should invest it into." That, right there, my friend is investment advice.

Money market
mutual fund
stocks
bonds
permanent life insurance
commodity
real assets
equity
debt
roth ira

Also, by giving you solid advice, I'm not being thick headed. I'm extrapolating the fact that you have no idea what the hell you're doing and you need guidance. Clearly this is true because 1) you think $200 will do anything for you and 2) you don't even know what you're planning to invest in.

Basically the fact that you're not a client, I don't have to sugar coat everything and I can conveniently tell you that you're in over your head and perhaps you should take the advice of the nice gentleman that posted or read up (as I suggested) on finance and investments.

Ok....

A. I don't give a fuck how you interpreted it, you never bothered to ask.

B. why the hell are we even talking about this? I told you twice now that while I appreciate your advice, it was unnecessary because it's not what I'm looking for. Perhaps if you'd taken that hint the "thick headed" bullshit you're spewing could just be gone?

C. Stop being a douche about it. Your relentless attacks and blah blah bullshit aren't going to suddenly make me listen to what I already said I don't want to hear right now from you. If you can't figure that out, then you have no right to sit there behind your computer screen and call me thick headed.

D. As I said, I wanted to known the name of the type of investment so I could go talk to someone in person about it in depth and face to face.

Exactly what the fuck part of that do you simply NOT understand?

You're an idiot.

Flat out.

Too fucking stupid to appreciate the helpful advice that people give you.

Take your worthless $200 and stick it in whatever fucking investment that you don't know about, thats not going to make a difference, like we've all already told you, and shut the fuck up.

Its that simple.

Read between the lines, people understand that regardless of what type of investment you're talking about - $200 isn't going to do shit, so they're telling you what you should do with the money. Yeah, the fact that you're too fucking stupid or stubborn to understand and accept this fact doesn't make you thickheaded at all.

I love you. You are the greatest. THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH FOR ALL OF YOUR HELP! I appreciate it more than you can EVER know!!!!!

There that better? You're answering every question I didn't ask, what the fuck is your problem?

I love you. You are the greatest. THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH FOR ALL OF YOUR HELP! I appreciate it more than you can EVER know!!!!!

There that better? You're answering every question I didn't ask, what the fuck is your problem?

I've given you a list of investments, twice now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back