My RevHard experience!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kcharuso

kcharuso
hi,

for those who want to buy parts from RevHard manufacturing, please read. i ordered a exhaust manifold and down pipe(for D16z6) from RevHard. against many advices regarding RevHard renowned customer service, i went forward with the ordering.

parts arrived however, the manifold can not be bolt on the engine. the manifold was for a B series engine. at this point, many parts of the engine were disassembled and the car is not drivable. i also checked the down pipe to make sure it was the correct part. RevHard website stated that D series down pipe is 2.25 inches but the one i received was 2.5 inches, therefore the down pipe was not the right part either. i called RevHard and their representative told me that as soon as they get the manifold, they will ship them out RIGHT AWAY. as for the down pipe, the company just upgraded the D series down pipe to 2.5 inches, i was informed to KEEP IT. i first went got a RENTAL CAR since mine is out of commission then i OVERNIGHT the part to RevHard.

i called the next day to make sure that they got the manifold so RevHard can quickly ship it back to me. i REQUESTED that RevHard overnight the part to me to reduce the time and COST on my end. the next day i received the call from RevHard asking me WHERE is the down pipe. i told them as i was told by one of their Rep. that i can keep it since it is the CORRECT part. now they told me that my shipment was wrong altogether and i need to RETURN the down pipe as well!!!???. i can not return the pipe because i already welded a bung on it (the welding was done after i was informed that the pipe was the right part for my engine).

the next day i called multiple times to make sure the manifold will be overnight and i was PROMISED that the item will indeed be overnight. a day went by, i did not received the part. the freeking manifold still sits at the warehouse!! sale Rep. just promised me for the third time that it will be OVERNIGHT today. i just want to stress another point here, the guy that is helping me getting the part is very helpful i think is RevHard's business operation procedures that causes the problem. so i guess i may get my stuff tomorow...or i just extend my rental days...

i received a call from RevHard the next day telling me that they are waiting for the manifold to be machine basically they were out of stock without telling me "we will DEF. ship it out overnight today but you will get it by monday not saturday...sorry about that bro!!" i was promised this 3 times already so im not sure this time is real but i guess not.

It is now 3:39pm in Georgia and there is no sign of a UPS delivery. For those who dont know, UPS overnight delivery service guaranteed service before 10 am the following day; however if the package was sent on Friday, then it will be delivered before 10 am Monday. Well, i guess RevHard fucked up again!!! for the FIFTH time. At this point, i believed that RevHard is not a company to buy from and i would suggest that others should not purchase from them either.

what do you think guys?! am i overreacting?!

Forward them an invoice for the cost of your rental car, cost of return shipping, and fees for storage of your vehicle while it was down. If they don't wanna pay, take em to small claims court. Keep track of all your paperwork, and record any phone conversations you have with them. Also, file a claim with the BBB

Last edited:
i didn't even know they were still around... haven't heard that name in 4 years.
that, and i'm surprised you are dealing with them directly, and not through a distributor/store, as you can usually get a better price that way

i called RevHard before they close today and trying to track the part down. i was informed that it must have left the warehouse because the part is not on the table!!and i should get it already if not today then tomorrow. OH!!there is another day!! how could the company expect me to believe this new promise?! i dont think they care.

there is a general principal of conducting a business stated that a merchant must deliver the promise made to customer. this is also called good faith and fair deal. this company failed multiple times. Dont get me wrong tho people, RevHard parts are quality parts but their customer service is..........you know

there is a pattern here, a clear pattern

STAY TUNED, let see what will they say tomorrow

thank you for support and input guys, i felt a lot better already :)

Last edited:
If you dont have one already, get an answering machine that records to a tape, and hit the "memo" button next time you call them. Talk to the rep, explain the situation in full, and be sure to say the date and time out loud. Tell the rep that he is being recorded.

That'll either scare them into sending you the part, or give you evidence for court. Its a win either way for you.

NEWS UPDATE !!! yall gonna like this !!!

Guess what guys!! RevHard told me 5 min. ago that my manifold is still at the warehouse!! the fucking thing have not been moved or looked at since last week Tuesday......the whole thing about the part is being machine, the part is at other store, the part is on the table and other excuses were total bullshit

i was also told that the company have a policy to not overnight returned part to customer because it will cost too much!! WTF!! basically, i overnight the part to them for nothing...every day i was told "we will shipped it today" was to comfort me until tomorrow when i call again...this strategy of dealing with customer is pretty much rude

i was chatting with one of the staff and he said that the boss will get to a bottom of this and the part will be shipped today!!....should i trust their words again for the 7th times?? THIS IS UNREAL!!! does the company owner know what is going on in his company?

this is getting out of hand! are they ever gonna send it to me at all?!

I doubt that was the owner. At this point I don't believe anything they're saying to you.

i'd do what Klyph said..

speaking of.. my buddy runs a plastering business and he as a small claim for someone who doesnt want to pay for the work done.. well he was contacted by a TV small claims court thing like Judge Judy saying they want his case on the show.. they also told him that if he wins the case for $3000, they'll match the $3000 plus pay him for being on the show..

Forward them an invoice for the cost of your rental car, cost of return shipping, and fees for storage of your vehicle while it was down. If they don't wanna pay, take em to small claims court. Keep track of all your paperwork, and record any phone conversations you have with them. Also, file a claim with the BBB

if i ask for a refund, will i even get it back? it is not difficult to ship part out of the warehouse. i know because i worked in one.
1. get the order list from fax or printer
2. walk to the shelve and remove the part
3. subtract the part from the inventory
4. package the part and print the shipping label
5. wait for carrier to pick it up

the whole process usually take about 5 freeking minutes( + and - 2 minutes depend on warehouse size) but still

if im in Cali, im going to get that shit myself

Solid advice, except this part. I would check with the Georgia attorney General prior to trying to use that as evidence in your case, IF it goes to court.

I know in Indiana you cannot use a recording in court UNLESS the party being recorded is aware of it.

Edit: This thread reminds me, I need to call driftspeed. lol

i'm pretty sure its illegal to record someone if they are unaware

Perhaps. Here it's legal to record it, but it can't be used in a court case.

thats why when you call certain offices it'll tell you that you are being recorded.. i'm sure by law you are required to..

it may be considered as entrapment..

Well first call the Georgia Attorney Generals office and ask them what the laws are.

Just telling them that you are recording the convo might be enough to motivate them. After TELLING them you are recording, ask them a series of incriminating questions. They should get the picture.

Back