My ride...laugh at free will lol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Eros2180

Ok its a long story but ill try to make it short.

I used to have a 91 crx si, loved it, but always had a thing for the del sol, no idea why. So i finally found one, my friends buddy was selling his. 1993 del sol S that he started a B16 swap . Ill take it! low and behold, after a month of trying to get this thing i finally go up to get it. The car is stripped!

Motor is gone, exhaust is gone, ECU, harness, shift link gone, headlight BULBS are gone and the pass QP is sanded to hell. He says just buff it out he only sanded runs and fish eyes out of it.. Yea ok lol

So the price is now a little lower. I take it.

Come to find out, after looking and looking this is what i find.

Parts missing ( known ) :

Radiator ( beat to hell in the trunk )
AC Comp and condens
MAP
Fuel Filter
ECU
Harness
Batt tray
Radiator mounts
Headlight bulbs
pass corner

and some more i cant remember off the top of my head.

Now, This car must have been painted 4 or 5 times, 3 that IVE seen

But all in all i still got that sweet ass wing! I made out huh /sarcasm

The pass QP didnt buff out, after going through with 2000 grit and resanding, still didnt smooth out. I went down to 1000 grit, BARELY took it out. He must have used 600 on that damn thing..

Ok now here comes the pics

The wing is going back to a stock SI spoiler as soon as i can get it from him
The vinyl is under the clearcoat so its on until i repaint it

Heres what it looks like sanded with 2000

And then rebuffed

Pics of the engine bay are on my post in model specific " need help with del sol "

Wow. I would laugh, but that's not funny.

photo_02.jpg

this is the kind of people we have around here, all this flashy visual shit with a sohc 1.5 non Vtec...............lame

lol
well not really...sucks you have to de-rice it. how much did you pay for that "phat rydez"?

edit:
I just noticed the bright green brake drum. Now thats funny! Not only do you have shitty rear brakes, but now everyone can really see it!

:lol:

I never understood that...

Last edited:
lmao

it was 15 when the b16 was going in, after i saw it and the car was stripped i gave him 840

oh no i tried, see this boy is lazy and hard to motivate so therfor it took a month of me calling about the car before i could finally get him to meet up. his friend i just talked to said he quit his job and was low on money so he started selling parts, some of them must have been " mine "

for example, i bought the car around may 15th couldnt get the title from him until the middle of july, and even still it wasnt notorized

now he has the rest of the parts and im houdin his ass to get them, but once again hes being lazy and not returning my calls

So you gave him the money before you got the car, then he sold parts off of YOUR car, you were cool with it as long as he replaced what he stole from you, but now he's not making good with his promises?

Acid.
In the face.
Now.

lol no he sold the parts before i gave him the money, but i was unaware of just how bad he stripped it

the only thing i knew he took out was the motor and trans.... guess i shouldve re-inspected the car when i went back to give him the money

so yea, this is why im in such a tight spot, all i have right now is the bike and this car that i have no idea what im doing with because im picking up someone elses mess. And its been 4 years since i messed with a honda and ive never fooled with vtec before so you can imagine how frustrating this is. Thats why i came here trying to find parts, find people to look at the bay pics and see if they notice things missing that i didnt

not having a whole lot of luck soo far :( but im slowly getting there, just pressed for time because riding the bike has became more of a job then a hobby :(

wow dude, um good luck on that one.

oh and one word.

MONICAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of all the de-ricing projects I've EVER seen

This is definitely one of them.

Back