my ride

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

well actually i got all the belts including timing belt and water pump for 95 bucks from honda. and a friend of mine her husband is a master tech and is doin it for a hundred bucks for for just less than 200 bucks i'm getting all that done and the cam gear instaled. Oh yeah i paid 100 bucks for the cam gear. So to me it was well worth it.

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Sep 2 2003, 03:44 PM
ok what the fuck was the point of that post??????
i mean come on "..." and thats the whole fuckin post
be a little more descrete in your post whoring

i deleted his post. people really need to learn not to post whore like that! this is not fricking kindergarten.

Originally posted by slammedcivic22@Sep 2 2003, 05:32 PM
well actually i got all the belts including timing belt and water pump for 95 bucks from honda. and a friend of mine her husband is a master tech and is doin it for a hundred bucks for for just less than 200 bucks i'm getting all that done and the cam gear instaled. Oh yeah i paid 100 bucks for the cam gear. So to me it was well worth it.

Ok, so that's $300.

$300 more for a good header...

You're already half way to an LS swap, there, buddy.

Sell the Altezza's and trade the wheels, and you've got a de-riced, fairly quick car.

You could make the Sohc pretty powerful but it's going to take alot of know how and money and being that she said that her friends husband is doing most of her engine work she would be better off swapping. I have the basics on my dx and I've decided to wait for the swap b/c I don't see a point in blowing more dough on the D16.

Originally posted by civicgirlracer97@Sep 2 2003, 09:10 PM
You could make the Sohc pretty powerful but it's going to take alot of know how and money and being that she said that her friends husband is doing most of her engine work she would be better off swapping. I have the basics on my dx and I've decided to wait for the swap b/c I don't see a point in blowing more dough on the D16.

See, even girls see that a D series is the red-headed stepchild of the Honda Motors. :p

and whos ass did you pull that statement out of????

more power sure .... but more reliable?????? says who

$95 for a t-belt h2o pump and external drive belts my ass! . . . i work for honda and i can't get all that at that price.

just a t-belt and water pump at my cost for my 94 CX was 90 bucks.

:bull:

you want to see the reciept. My bf works for saturn at got it cheaper. If you don't believe me i will scan the reicept.

Originally posted by wildbillhatchbac@Sep 3 2003, 07:00 PM
$95 for a t-belt h2o pump and external drive belts my ass! . . . i work for honda and i can't get all that at that price.

just a t-belt and water pump at my cost for my 94 CX was 90 bucks.

:bull:

I have to agree on that one....my dad works at Honda and couldn't get it for that price and being that they are gonna change the timing belt and all, even discounted it will still run about $300 at Honda (before discount its close to $600). Now if you get someone to do a mickeymouse job on it and do it at home without all the proper tools than yeah you probably could get it done for cheaper.

As far as the H22 being better than the B16, I think you ,misread whatever you were reading. The H22 has more torque and hp but also weighs alot more and isn't as easily upgraded; you'll need mounts and possibly some cutting in the engine bay. The B series engines have more potential and can be ported better. Besides H22 parts are ridiculously expensive.

Originally posted by sohcslammer+Sep 3 2003, 11:45 PM-->
slammedcivic22
@Sep 3 2003, 06:28 PM
www.h22acivic.com you will find all the info you need on a h22 swap. all specs and everything then you will see that a h22 is better that a b16

www.hondaswap.com you will find all the info you need on any swap. All specs and everything. Then you will see that you are a N00B!

:owned:

:worthy:

bill was talking PARTS, not labor.

JUST a t-blet is 60--75 bucks. add water pump, and its like 30-40

you know what i don't have to prove myself to you people. I know how much i paid for my parts and if you assholes don't want to believe me i don't really care. And as far as the h22 i perfer them over b16. Several of my friends have h22 swaps in their civics and they are 12 second daily drivers all motor so you people can think and belivewhat you want

thats cool if you want a front heavy car that plows through turns like a tractor trailer man. Everyone that "prefers" the h22 "prefers" it because they are stupid and only see horsepower numbers. There is more to picking a motor than just the one that has the highest out of the box HP.

Just curious B what would you use for good hp numbers (turbo or NA) with a good setup for cornering ability?

If an H22 gives you a hardon, more power to you. Just because it's the biggest engine doesn't mean it's the best engine. Big engine=more weight.

Back