My Saturday, fun..fun..fun..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SlushboxTeggy

It's only stupid if it doesn't work
VIP
So about 3 o'clock Saturday(9/30) I leave for work with an annoying cramp in my right side. When I'm at work it becomes more of a pain with sharp pains coming a going. 10 minutes later I literally tell my boss I'm not working tonight and that I need to go to the hospital. I was sweating and I was told I looked pail as hell.
My parents happened to be down for the day (it was parents weekend) and they picked me up and drove me an hour home to the ER, just incase I needed to be hospitalized.
6.5 hours later I leave the hospital with a diagnose of Diverticuli and intestinal bleeding, the beginning stage of Diverticulitis, an infection condition that effects the large intestine.
Oh yea, and it ussually occurs in people in their late 60s. It's nothing too serious but now I have the knee AND the intestine of a man in his late 60s. Good thing I'm an athlete and stay in pretty good shape... next thing I know I'll have Alzheimer's by 30.

were you eating spinach?

haha, that sucks dude. my grandma has diverticulitis, and she can't eat anything with seeds in it, like tomatoes, strawberries and other berries, etc.

Damn man, you're fallin apart. My one buddy, 25, just had a heart attack :( He's heavy but that''s still a razy thing to happen so young. I hope everything works out OK for ya :)

No spinach and that would have just made me shit myself. But I have felt pretty good since then. I also happened to be really dehydrated so the IV was a godsend. I'm just trying to stay hydrated now and watch what I eat.

Back