my setup

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

efalex

y8 head* 116xxx
y7 block* 40xxx
y8 tranny*116xxx
STOCK INTERNALS
small garrett turbo*
greddy FMiC*
greddy style bov*
greddy down pipe*
dsm 275cc injectors*
resistor box*
obd2b to obd1 jumper harness-
p28* chipped by phearble.net-
all on 7psi

what do u think about this set up im gonna be running very soon? i need some input

okay, ive been told that i need bigger injectors and the chip wont be good enough to run for a while...

7psi would be just fine on stock injectors

thats what i thought too.. now for the basemap/tune...

i dont have money for tuning right now. 500 dollars isnt really easy to just have
i want to kno how pherble.net basemaps are, i talked to the guy there and hes very helpful and he said there haveman many turbo cars go through them, bu myquestion was how reliable IS a basemap? thanks ahhvtec (saw the plate too a while back, im lovin it)

well, thats were im starting to run out of info lol, ive seen stock hondas run ove the stock ecu all the way up to 10 psi, but im not that sure on what tunes the best, but if all your gonna be doing is 7psi then just a chip tune should be fine, but try to search around the site a bit or wait for more ppl to post up that knows more in ecu tuning.

allright thanks man i think im def gonna go with pherable.net over xeoncron only because i talked to this dude and he said hes been running a bone bone stock y8 on 10 psi on a pherable.net chip for a lil over ayear and its running great. thanks alot man

7psi would be just fine on stock injectors
Solely dependent upon the tuning.
thats what i thought too.. now for the basemap/tune...

i dont have money for tuning right now. 500 dollars isnt really easy to just have
i want to kno how pherble.net basemaps are, i talked to the guy there and hes very helpful and he said there haveman many turbo cars go through them, bu myquestion was how reliable IS a basemap? thanks ahhvtec (saw the plate too a while back, im lovin it)
If you don't have money for a tune right now, do not bother. You're wasting your time and money, and also risking trashing your entire build including the turbocharger.
well, thats were im starting to run out of info lol, ive seen stock hondas run ove the stock ecu all the way up to 10 psi, but im not that sure on what tunes the best, but if all your gonna be doing is 7psi then just a chip tune should be fine, but try to search around the site a bit or wait for more ppl to post up that knows more in ecu tuning.

Again, it's dependent upon the tuning and also the size of the turbo.

Generally, an in car tune is going to be WAYY better than any mail order tune you can possibly get, no matter who does it. It's just the simple fact that weird problems do arise, and its easier for someone to adjust for that when sitting in the passenger seat as opposed to 450 miles away. IMO, if you're going to do this, you should wait and save up some money for a tune. Also, if you do not have a wideband, add that to the list. A tuner will most likely bring one with to tune your car, but you always want one in the car just to be safe. You never know when something could go wrong (i.e injector seal breaks, you start running lean, kaboom).

As far as your injectors go, this is the main reason why I say have someone tune it in person. Get a smaller wastegate spring (say maybe 5 psi) and the boost controller of your choice because there's a chance that you may be maxing those injectors out on ~7psi. Another thing to consider is the duty cycle. If the injectors are operating at 95-99% duty cycle in the top end that is definitely not a good thing, you risk sticking one open or closed at that point, and the chances worsen on a hot day.

Long post I know, but I am just trying to help ya out here.

Back