My shifting, Can it affect my tranny??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hondamidnighter

When I shift out to 1st gear in residential streets and then to 2nd and 3rd, a stop sign might come up. And like I like to go out in a hurry, I force it to first with the clutch down. But my point is that it doesn't let me shift in first till under about 10 mph. What is this or forcing it to the gear could affect my transmission??? Just curious. Sorry for the way I explained it.

Your tranny will start grinding gears on a regular basis after a while. It's not good for it.

i could usually drop it in first if i was rolling below 30....

perhaps this is why my synchros on my d-series were fucked like a whore on prom night.

:blink:

hmm...

drive your tranny normal under 3500rpms only dog on your tranny when u are racing i fucked up my first gsr tranny it to did not let me shift into 1st unless i was almost to a stop that is a sign of your syncros getting fucked up then it will be your 3gear syncro that will begin to grind next; and then your shift fork inside your tranny is going to pull every syncro off there guide leaving u with a fucked up tranny

I don't suggest ^^"dogging"^^ on your tranny under any conditions unless you have the cash flow for another in the future.

there is no need to shift like your throwing a bowling ball around, smooth shifts in unesine.

Hey,
Can you shift in to first when you double clutch?
I have exactly same issue with my 92 Civix cx, 1st gear will not go in untill below 10-15 km/h or less unless I double clutch, then it pops in with no effort at all.
I thought it was a safety feature incorporated in to the tranny.
Please correct me if I am wrong.
Best Regards

Originally posted by Jeef@Dec 31 2003, 01:40 AM
If you are still rolling, why don't you just pop it in second?

B3(@u53 y() |)@7 @1n'7 M@|) |2@(3|2 57yL35!!! jOOO gots ta smash dat shiat, biatch.

:roll:

But on a serious note, yea, just pop in in second.

What is this or forcing it to the gear could affect my transmission

:emofo:

If it has a hard time goin into first, let the clutch out in neutral and then put the clutch back in and try, should go in like butter.

Back