My Si' was stolen today. (UTAH)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kris

Yep, it has happened. They took my 99' Si from my wifes work today. In broad daylight, at 2:01PM. She works at the Grand America Hotel in SLC, Ut. They have the whole thing on tape from two different buildings. Fucking dipshit security did absolutly nothing, just watched it happen, and called the SLC PD.

About three weeks ago, I had the car broken into, and they jacked my stereo. I considered myself lucky, that that was all they took. So, I started searching HT for the best ways to protect my car. I came across a post by the usershaundrake, off of honda-tech, along with his website. Armed with that info, I started to gather things up, to do the fuel pump kill switch, etc. Last weekend I had a new alarm installed, at a reputable shop here. They of course just did the typical install. So, this weekend I was planning on "hiding" the alarm, like in shaundrake's how-to, and install my fuel pump kill switch. I guess I'm the dumbshit for not doing it last week.

There were four dipshits. Three guys, and a fucking piece of shit bitch.

The alarm worked great! until they disabled it. :thumbdown:

Also, I am pretty muched getting fucked in the ass. I only carried liabilty insurance, as I never figured I would need full coverage. I trust my driving, but not others. But, after the break in, I was scheduled to have my new policy change over May 1st. Again, stupid me for not doing it sooner.

Anyways, the details on my car. It was a 99 'EBP EM1. I had intake, STB, stock exhaust, and that was about it. When my car shows up in a few days, stripped out. I am anxious to see if they get my wheels off or not. I know locking lugs are not fool proof, but we shall see.

License plate number, was Utah- 186 MXX (for the utah people) My rear bumper had a crack in it, and the front edge of the hood was dented slightly. I also had the "Utah Watch Your Car" program stickers in the front top center window, and drivers side lower, rear window. Stickers looked like this:

wODg0MjIxNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

Here is a pic of my car.
wNjM2NzUwNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

Fuck, I'm so pissed right now.

:angry:

I'm going to start sleeping in mine.

Sorry about your luck. If I were you, go get those vid tapes and start harassing the police about it.

Better call your insurance company. It'll be stripped.

so you just had the alarm put in? and then the car disappears?

hmmm.... <_<

how detailed are the tapes? can you see if they ripped the column apart? or if they already had a key?

Originally posted by reckedracing@Apr 20 2005, 07:36 AM
so you just had the alarm put in? and then the car disappears?

hmmm.... <_<

how detailed are the tapes? can you see if they ripped the column apart? or if they already had a key?
[post=489077]Quoted post[/post]​

thinking the same thing. :g:
there used to be a stero shop out in colorado that did that
install shit load of equipment and week later car gets jacked
sorry for your lost. :weep:
check on
high altitude imports
colorado street racer
two colorado boards, since utah is only the next state over, parts might get listed

f**king thiefs should have thier balls cut off, see how they like having something taken away from them :ranting2:

Well, the shop that did the install has been around for a very long time.

I got kicked out of the security office today, and my wife was written up for my actions there. Fucking dipshits. When I get back tonight, I will write up what happened.

The security video I saw today, was not zoomed in. But you can see them pry the window, and they were in, in less than 10 seconds. First thing to open was the hood, which was to snip the alarm siren, i would assume. Trunk was opened and closed twice. Possibly to toss their tools in? It is going to be a fight to get a copy of thattape. However, I the detailed, zoomed in tape, is with the detective. As soon as he reviews it, he said I can have a copy. I will make damn sure I get a copy of that tape put up all over the internet.

I was kicked out of the hotel security office.

I had been there for about 30 minutes. I had a very heated arguement with the manager. The manager of the "loss prevention" department, was totally dis-respectful to me, and my wife, over the whole situation. I can handle it more myself, but dont talk shit to my wife like he did. He flat out said "I'm not sorry at all your car was stolen. I didnt take it, so why should I care?" That put me over the edge. After a few choice words, and another 5 minute arguement, he told me I better leave his office now, or else.

But the security department fucked up big time. My wife works in the accounting department for the hotels, and knows quite a few managers, including the general manager of The Little America. The security department did not follow policy, and notify any, and ALL managers, of both the little america, and grand america hotels of the theft. The GM's words, behind closed doors with my wife, were pretty reassuring. He said "obviously the security department cannot follow protocol (in notifying the other managers) , and cannot do the jobs assigned to them. Shit will hit the fan with this". My wife is not one to lie over something like this, or exagerate, so I believe her 100%. There is a meeting she is attending tomorrow morning, with the GM's, and several other managers, to discuss the lack of following procedure, they way we were treated, getting information put out to ALL employees, and making the $2500 reward known. Finally I feel a little better, like they are not just blowing this off.

When I left there this afternoon, I wanted nothing better than to see them go down. But now I can see it was just because of a select few.

All I was able to see from this particular tape, was my car in the top left corner of the screen. You see the two persons hop a barricade, and come running up to the car. About 10 seconds later, the other two persons come running up. The camera is zoomed pretty far out, as I was not able to determine male or female. They messed with the car for roughly 10-15 seconds, then the door is opened. Immediatly the hood is popped, as well as the trunk. A little bit goes by, trunk is opened again (I'm assuming to through bags, tools, etc in) trunk closes, last person hops in the car, and away they go. It made me so sick to watch that.

But, the detective did say the other tape, is a pretty good one. It is close enough to clearly see the people, my car, plates, etc. I am going to try and meet with him tomorrow to view this, and get a copy. He said he would gladly give me a copy, if it will help any. Hopefully it is as good as he says.

Also, there is a local dealer, who is rumored to sell stolen parts.

Here is their website:

http://www.greatrebuilders.com/carList.cfm?ID=1

And a ebay auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=46093

Thanks for all the replies by the way. My wife scans the forums, and she is pretty shook up over this. It means alot to her to see people we don't even know, posting about this.

My condolences. I've been ripped off BIG twice.

I now install my own shit with triple bypass bullshit, hidden everything, and even dummy wires. Anything to make it harder and take longer has to be a good thing. If you get the car back, PM me personally, and I will walk you through a few personal tips.

I got a call today, saying my car was found. The police tell me nothing, only that it is not driveable. Then, they use their towing company, not the one I specifically told them to use. Now I have to pay their ridiculous impound fees. :banghead: The car was found at 1840 West 340 North, in SLC for the lcoal people.

Here are some pictures:

wODk3ODc4NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

wODk3ODc3NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

wODk3ODc2NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

wODk3ODc1NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

wODk3ODc5NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

I feel I am VERY lucky, they did not take more. The other blue Si in the impound yard, was stripped clean. They took my Skunk2 Strut bar, AEM CAI, NOS brand nitrous kit, and my valve cover. They also took my brand new sunglasses, and my daughters car seat. Fuckers. They also hit something, and fucked the bumper, headlight, hood, and fender up. The interior is dirty, and trashed. They keyed my roof, and my hood. The hood has, "have a nice day" keyed in it. Fuckers will get their ass handed to them if I ever find them. I will have no problem knocking the shit out of the bitch either. They drove the car without the valve cover, as there is oil all over the engine bay. But, the oil level still reads on the dipstick, so hopefully no damage was done to the engine. I will be towing it home tomorrow, and going over it very carefully, to find stuff that is wrong. Oh, and of course, the ignition lock and switch are busted up. It looks like they popped the steering column plastic apart, and used something big to bust the ignition lock.

sweet that your car was found and wasnt in worse condition. sucks that you have to replace some stuff. good luck putting it back together again.

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@Apr 28 2005, 12:00 AM
fuckers

glad they found it- what is the story with insurance money etc? Hope everything works out dude :-/
[post=492380]Quoted post[/post]​

I was stoopid, and didnt carry full coverage. So everything will be out of my pocket.

Honestly, I can't believe it wasn't worse than that. I was surprised to see the engine, headlights, and rims still on the car.

Glad you found it, but that sucks about the keying shit as well.

Back