My Si' was stolen today. (UTAH)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I know words ill do litte at this point. I'm soooo sorry man. I've been ripped off and it was the the full custom stero system that they took from me so much that it was the feeling of being violated. Being absolutly and totally helpless because you can fight or beatup someone when you don't know who did it. My empathy goes out to you kris.

Originally posted by 2000Si@Apr 28 2005, 12:12 AM
Honestly, I can't believe it wasn't worse than that. I was surprised to see the engine, headlights, and rims still on the car.

Glad you found it, but that sucks about the keying shit as well.
[post=492390]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah, when I was pulling into the impound lot, I saw the back of the car first. I was like, holy shit, taillights are still there? Wtf, back wheels are still there? I told my buddy who was driving to hurry the hell up. We pulled around to the front, and started checking things out. All I could think was how lucky I got.

Thanks everyone for the positive replies. I really feel for anyone that has to go through this, and their car ends up worse than mine.

that sucks man... glad to see it's still almost all in one piece..

my best friends integra just got stolen from school here in colorado, also in broad daylight. supposedly they just found it, his engine is gone though. we dont know what else is gone but we're going to take a look at it tonight. i just bought lojack from the local honda dealer specifically so the cops can find the fuckers when they steal my shit. i got hooked up really nice too. 600 for lojack with early warning and a starter kill.
i live here in colorado, I think it was ripperbone that said they might sell the parts here on the forums, i'll check them. i'm on them every day so if i see some of your shit come up i'll let you know. i also have a friend who paints, if you need to repaint it he will do it for the cost of paint, if you're willing to take a drive down here.

:thumbsup: lojack

and not because i built their CMS either. :D they do a good service and their network is pretty dang good.

the sti has it. the hatch may get it too... but im not saying when

no offense but lojack is a little pricey...

you can get a simplier gps tracking unit for 1/3 the price...

i don't care if my shit gets stolen anymore... cause i will come knocking on your front door, and i will get my car back...
i'm actually half hoping the next hatch does get stolen... i owe someone some severe pain...

How's the car? Im glad you got it back. My car stays in my garage. I would really kill myself if someone stole it. You just can't trust anyone, anymore.

Brian

i should have paid about 1000 bucks for the system. i got a hell of a deal. the starter kill goes in effect after my turbo timer shuts off. the only alarm i was told that did that was 675...plus it didnt have a tracking system. I feel quite content with what i got.

sorry to threadjack...

you got a lojack system for $1000? or less than 1k?
how much is the monthly on it?

the system was supposed to cost over 1000. 875 for basic lojack with early warning. plus more for the starter kill. i got it all for like 601 after tax. I dont pay anything montly. and it comes with a lifetime warranty. problem is if i get a new car i cant transfer it over. but they call me if my car moves without the special keychain to let me know something is going on.

Originally posted by reckedracing@Apr 28 2005, 12:52 PM
no offense but lojack is a little pricey...

[post=492562]Quoted post[/post]​

How can you put a price on a car like a 2000 Si? Or hell, ANY car you want to keep safe if it's your only means of transportation.

Daily drivers are well worth the grand or so you'd put into ANY aftermarket alarm/tracking system IMO.

I was worried sick about it when I was in Chicago yesterday, but the car was parked in so that helped a little.

Originally posted by reckedracing@Apr 28 2005, 01:52 PM
[post=492562]Quoted post[/post]​

and thats the thing that makes lojack different- it doesn't use GPS. it uses radio frequencies.

Originally posted by preludebuddy@Apr 28 2005, 12:01 PM
i should have paid about 1000 bucks for the system. i got a hell of a deal. the starter kill goes in effect after my turbo timer shuts off. the only alarm i was told that did that was 675...plus it didnt have a tracking system. I feel quite content with what i got.
[post=492566]Quoted post[/post]​

which honda dealer you get it at, Im interested in getting one for my crx

Originally posted by preludebuddy@Apr 28 2005, 09:41 AM
i also have a friend who paints,
[post=492504]Quoted post[/post]​

I am looking for a good painter to paint my crx, hook me up

sorry to jack the thread

There are zero LoJack dealers in Utah, and none of the police departments can even track a car with LoJack. So therefore it is worthless to me. There are a few others out there, that I have been looking into though.

Back