My speedometer is stuck in one place. It does not move at all. B18b1 swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Secret Place

I have a 96 civic with a b18b1 swap. My speedometer is not moving at all. Could it be the speed sensor?
I also need a Catalytic converter but I'm confused as to which kind to buy. I have a Spec'D Tuning Catback exhaust system for a Civic and M2 performance headers for b series. But i need a Catelytic converter and have no idea where to get one. Any suggestions?

Check Engine Light (codes)? Could be the speed sensor or a wiring problem. Not really enough info or diagnostic yet.

Get the catalytic converter for your chassis. It will fit the B-series header. If you live in CA....it must be CARB exempt.

Thanks I live NY, and I have someone that will soon check the codes. I guess I should wait till I get my codes checked. And thank you for the info on my catalytic converter.

My car has a test pipe currently that is for a civic ex yet it doesnt quite reach my headers

If you're running open header, that it probably going to mess with your secondary o2 sensor and is probably the cause of your code

it already had a code on it before i changed the piping. nd bought new piping and sensors. because i had no 02 sensors connected at all .
right now i have bseries headers and spec'd tuning catback exhaust with a test pipe along with the 02 sensor connected. its a really tight fit. i am going to go to a local shop to add some length to the test pipe so it will fit snug untill i get my catalytic converter.

I had to lengthen my exhaust a little bit when putting a B-Series in it.

Could have more than one code. Update when you figure out the codes.

I found my codes. its 21 and 41
(21) VTEC spool solenoid valve
(41) primary oxygen heater
How do Solve Code 21 since i dont have vtec

I am guessing I have the wrong ecu.
I am not familiar with ecu's so do you what I should buy and where, and will it just plug in when It arrives

Attachments

• DSC00555.JPG
    DSC00555.JPG
    884.8 KB · Views: 231
yep, it's trying to engage vtec, but you don't have any lol was the ecu at least chipped?

you can put a p75 map on a p28 if you know someone with chipping equipment

yeah thats another language to me lol.
I've been doing everything on my own since my car isnt insured yet, So if I buy a P75 Ecu for a manual transmission that code can be erased?
and I guess il check online for one or go to a junk yard

That code won't exist as the p75 doesn't have vtec functionality.

Make sure you get a 94-95 one only.

alright thanks
and as for the code 41 should i just contact a mechanic about that

Back