my starter will not engage

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

pfclyon

ok i got a 91 crx today i've wanted one for 6 years now well ever scence my dad made me sell my 89 si (120 in a 65). they told me the starter was bad well i changed out the starter today and still nothing the fule pump turns on and all the lights work but my starter dose nothing and i cant figure it out i can push start it but i think that may get a little embarrising one day any help would be grate

i have changed the fuse and thats about it any thing elese cuz i dont know what to do

Both wires plugged in? Ground fine? Is the starter wire even getting signal(use a multimeter)? Battery terminal good(make sure it's clean)?

check the spade on the starter solenoid that can be a fault connection and just fall off sometimes

yea its getting some kind of power cuz i can use a jumper on the starter and start it but yes some of the leads from the bat are little loose the black and white wire from the key tumbler ignition was cut and spliced back to geather i got the chiltons for it but to tell you the trooth im not the most mechanicley inclined perosn either it's like i turn the key and somthing between the key and the starter is messed up and i dont have a clue as to what it could be

any more help would be grate i will poast a fue pics tomarrow to show how bad the people i got it from messed up the wireing in the car i mean im really suprised the lighting works
any way thanks for the advise and give me more pls

what it looks like

this is my new pain in the @$$

Attachments

• IMAGE_096.jpg
    IMAGE_096.jpg
    289.5 KB · Views: 194
Back