My stupid ass rant.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Smonkeyboy

i bought some neuspeed race springs from chris (dochh22a4), and we finally got around to putting them on yesterday, so we wnet to Schucks to rent a spring compressor, and they were out, so we went to Rent-X and they were closed, so then we went to another Schucks, and theres was out too, so we stopped by napa and they dont rent, so i bought a spring compressor cost freakin $60, which is more than i paid for the springs.

we started at 1pm, its now about 215

so we went back to Rays house to put them on, and it took about 20min to remember how to get my damper all disconnected, so we got the drivers front changed no prob, then we got the drivers reac changed, also no prob.
then we went to unbolt the bolt that holds the brake spindle to the lower control arm, and stripped it. great.
so we drive to my mechanic, to ask him what to do, and he said if the bolt was frozen which i think it is, our only real choice is to dye drind off the head, and drill it out. so we go to shcucks to try and find a bolt that will fit, if we get mine out, no luck, so we go to lowes, and find something really really close, so we get it, and back to rays garage

we stripped the bolt about 330, and by the time we found out what we needed to do, and got the replacement bolts it was like 7:30
so we took a brake for Pizza at my house, and we get back to work at like 8:30

chris and i changed the right front spring in like 30min, and ray is working on the stripped one, since he is the only one who had any idea on how to drill out a bolt.
and he tried to flatten out the bolt so a combination wrench would fit on it, and he stripped that too, so we started to drill at about 9.

by 11:30 we were 1 1/2 inches into the bolt, 2and a half hours of drilling and we werent even 2inches in, so ray has the idea to sink a smaller bolt in through the hole we made, as to counter sink the stuck bolt, you know, screw it in the back, and it pushes it out the front, as soon as it started to get tight, ray gave it another twist, and snapped the head.

almost 3hrs of drilling and we put ourselves right back to square 1. it was about midnight by now, so we decided to call it a night, you know 11hrs working on a 2hr project, so now my car sits at my parents house, and i have to take it to my mechanic on mon, hopefully and tell him that i fucked up, and need him to drill out the bolt for me.

/end rant
:rant:

I know the feeling but my problem is if I start something I wont stop till Im done unless I plan for it to take more then 1 day

I've been outside pulling cars apart 3am having to get up a 9am the next day for work

I just wont stop

on another note heres my rant

you @%#$() )(_#)@($)@($) who knifed my car @)#$_)@#$)($#@

I would rather be in your shoes =)

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@Mar 7 2004, 06:09 PM
:wtf: someone knifed your car?

Someone slashed his tires last night. He made a thread about it too.

yea brian, i totally understand now.

here are the pics.

eh. dampers are overrated
s404bb6668b40b.jpg

this is before we broke stuff, when it was fun

Chris' JDM airgun pose
s404bb67bb4ab0.jpg

My JDM Spring Pose
s404bb68bea619.jpg

Fuck $1300 JDM Section coilovers, Heated OEMs OWN
s404bb6a711182.jpg

fully assembled front
s404bb657b23a9.jpg

fully assembled rear, w/tire, still on jack
s404bb642222f4.jpg

then we pretty much stotted taking pictures, except for this one, haha, chris sleeping in his hatch, we made sure to wake him up every 10min or so, just to be assholes, since we were still working.
s404bb5f272c02.jpg

thats about it.

an easier way would have been to heat up the area surrounding the bolt, then use some cobra grip pliers on the head of the bolt and unscrew it. or first try an EZ out.

yeah, we soaked it in WD40 for a while, and then tried to Robo-Grip it out, but no luck.

im ready to just take it to my mechanic, and pay him to fix it. i might try to heat it.

invest in a decent affordable compressor,,,,,,,,,,,with the air gun.

it will save tons of time, little FYI :D

What kind of drillbit were you using? Even though Honda uses good, hard bolts, a nice sharp drillbit should drill one out in a few minutes. What drill RPM also?

Jesus Christ... you guys are assholes. I just wanted some shuteye! Ah, well. Yeah, Scott's car makes my soul hurt. Goddamnit.

Originally posted by nfn15037@Mar 7 2004, 11:30 PM
What kind of drillbit were you using? Even though Honda uses good, hard bolts, a nice sharp drillbit should drill one out in a few minutes. What drill RPM also?

i dunno, they were drill bits, i think we might go get some craftsman bits, the ones ment to cut through metal. i think ours were more for wood.

JDMilan- that compressor works pretty well, we just could have used a 1" bit for the air gun, that would have saved time, but since my springs were heated, we didnt have to comress them very far

Originally posted by Smonkeyboy@Mar 8 2004, 12:02 AM
i dunno, they were drill bits, i think we might go get some craftsman bits, the ones ment to cut through metal. i think ours were more for wood.

I would try some metal bits, the best ones you can find, and get extras of the same size in case you break one. Good luck with it!

I'da dropped the suspension out of the car, and gone to buy a new rear control arm. I pucked up an entire 6 piece set of them from a local junkyard here for $50, I'd inagine that one would have been $20 with another bolt included.

Just my opinion, though.

yeah i was tired of fukin with it so i took it to my mechanic.

he tried to use that unlock stuff and heat it and then knock it out but no luck, so he fiddled around with it some more and nothing, so he had to replace the whole rear lower controll arm. but he put the last spring in for me. so one less chance for me to break stuff.

it rides sooooo much better now its not even funny.

oh yeah. almost for got
new control arm = $70
hour of labor = $60
+ tax, total = $150and change

s404bb67bb4ab0.jpg

looks like that kid on the osbournes, except for the fact that he appears to be doing some sort of manual labor.

i havent seen christmas story....and i wouldnt say you look like drew carey.

just that kid from the osbournes.

:D

Back