My Stupid Exhaust and Dumb Sway Bar

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CAFROG

Honda Minion
VIP
So...i threw a GSR sway on my hatch. Went fine but exhaust was close...super close.
Made no noise and I figured I got lucky

But they started to rattle together at certain rpm 1200-1400 rpm (in gear)
I figured it was my new muffler and how I wanted it tucked away (inconspicuous)
Figured I'd take it to a muffler shop later.

But I was taking a friend for a ride (to a poker tourny) and my exhaust came undone
But where do you think it came undone? near the sway? Uh....no. At the connection
for the resonator to the back half (middle of the car). Lost a bolt and the gasket was
just swinging And my exhaust sounded friggin' awesome as it echoed of the
ground.....eff in the friggin' eff!!

So I fixed it today (it is way way hot in CA right now) and it seems that my muffler
isn't what is touching the sway but the TRUST exhaust piping I've had in the EG
since '97 or so. That muffler went bad after 6yrs but kept the piping installed. The
bolt that connects the bar to the mount it rubbin' a bunch of scratches

So I found the culprit. What a bunch of crap...and I am crabby b/c it too damn hot
out to be fixing stuff outside...(I had too much fun last night and slept in)

Well.....I get my new tires on the LS meshies that I bought tomorrow.....at least I
have that to look forward to lol. But I need to spend my poker winnings to have a
muffler shop bend me a new piece that clears the sway.....or they can do some
McGuyver stuff I Dont Care...just as long as its not a raping on my rear end...
You know...where I keep my wallet

Here's some pics of it with car on tires on the ground. It was a pain in the a$$ to get teh pictures and they came out okay...

I am wondering if I can slide the sway over and away from exhaust (just a 1/2" or so) it look like
the bracket (connected to sway bar) lean towards exhaust now so I'm gonna mess with it
tomorrow morning. maybe that is the problem anyways...we'll see. Would be a cheap
and quick fix.

100_0752.jpg

100_0759.jpg

Tries to adjust and swing sway bar away from exhaust but didn't really help.
Said 'the hell with it' and dropped it off at the exhaust shop.
Hope he don't try to put it in my butt lol

$40......fixed and mandrel bends are still there!

Back