My Subaru IMPREZA!!! THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jeffie7

Wrong Whole!
VIP
Traded 2 bicycles, 3 gift cards to Walmart, a set of chit wheels with crap tires, a donky, 3 chickens, motorcycle and a not running car for this subi.

Thinking about spray painting it flat black and adding custom ground effects from my neighbors house.

580367_462206600518386_892133007_n.jpg

did you ditch the sti?

Funny story, the turbo was showing signs of getting old so I found someone with the same year WRX with almost the same miles and condition but this one had a newer turbo only 25k miles on the turbo so we traded straight up.

It's not an STI but I got a working turbo out of the deal, I can always add the Wing later if someone wants to trade for my WRX spoiler.

with all the chit you did to the old one and the gemlins i'd say you did good. I was wondering why you posted your car AGAIN like as if it was new........and then i saw the wing lol.

what turdo does it have?

Funny story, the turbo was showing signs of getting old so I found someone with the same year WRX with almost the same miles and condition but this one had a newer turbo only 25k miles on the turbo so we traded straight up.

It's not an STI but I got a working turbo out of the deal, I can always add the Wing later if someone wants to trade for my WRX spoiler.

I see it also has brembos. nice:D

Plastic brake covers FTW. I think it has a Godspeed turbo. Thinking about replacing the Cobb exhaust with a Godspeed and going with a twice as thick Godspeed intercooler. I'll have to cut the hood but it would be worth it for the extra thickness. Just a matter of seeing the parts come up on Craigslist barter section.

Zs been gone. Needed the garage space. :(

At least now I finally have a work area again.

jeffie is trolling.

that IS his STi. lol

he's just making fun of dickskate

I'm not that familiar with these, is this one faster than a stock one? I had the opportunity to drive a mostly stock one and the power was pretty lackluster. I've never driven an Sti though, I know they are pretty quick.

02-05 WRXs are pretty slow stock. 2.0L block with a small turbo
06-07 WRXs are a bit quicker stock 2.5L block with a small turbo
08 WRX is pretty slow, same 2.5L block and small turbo, but i believe a bit heavier
09-13 WRXs are pretty quick, 2.5L block and a larger turbo (almost STi sized)

from 04-13 the STi has had about the same 2.5L block and turbo size. all rated to 300hp, all use a 6sp tranny with varying ratios and diff setups.
the 09-13 WRX are all underrrated from the factory at 265 hp. but independent back to back dyno testing by COBB, has shown that the 09-13 puts down on avg within 5hp (some cases more) of the 08-13 STi. gearing (less shifts) gives the WRX a slight lead on the STi for 0-60 times.

whatever you do, dont buy the 08 WRX. its slow and looks like shit (the most bland styling ever, no fender flares, no spoiler, no premium bumpers, small turbo)

IMO the 2011 WRX is the best looking one. only because it has the same wide fenders as the STi, and has the upgraded bumpers (for 2011+, even STi), and has the black headlights. the 2012-13 has chromed out headlights that i personally do not like.

my .02

2008+ the STI went to user friendly to hit more people IMO it died after 2008

It went from being a car that didn't even come with a radio to a full blown lets make everyone happy car. Bah

2005 > all. Bigger hubs and no gay hawk eyes *sorry taco*

this is all true. I'm not a fan of the newer ones stock. but obviously with money you can make them look good. it's the stance I guess. I love my hawk eye but wouldn't mind doing a pnut eye if it was an Sti.

Stock 02-05 WRX to me are worthless stock. too small of a turbo. 2.5 block with a vf39 (OR BIGGER) is where it's at.

Good thing you have a bigger turbo at least. by the way, send me the Cobb exhaust and interfooler ;)

meh, i hate the look of the 04-05 headlights. to each their own. If I were to own a GD, it would be the 07 STi

i do like the nicer interior of the 08+ though. blue STi interior on the GD is just too "boy racer" for me at this point in my life.

im planning to get the upgraded hubs on my WRX though. for the better bearings. but they will be modified STi knuckles and hubs to still be 5x100 and using the WRX suspension. so i dont have to change my wheels and suspension (which i have 2 sets of for summer/winter). i have no need for brembos, and my winter wheels wouldnt fit with brembos anyway.

Last edited:
What the heck is this NASIOC?

Jp.

it's the auto multimedia section........
all three of us own subaru's so we can relate which in turn we post and therefore an interested thread is born.

Well this should be in other vehicles. I'll move it when I get in front of a computer. Unless another mod gets to it first.

Yet the next thread is about a mazda and the following a SHO? Hmmmmm

I'm kidding completely. Subaru owners are very meticulous about everything. That's why I was making the joke.

Back