" my Subaru WRX will trash your Del Sol VTEC"

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

abarone300

" my Subaru WRX will trash your Del Sol VTEC"

That's what a guy at work told me, he said that he wouldn't even consider taking me on, because my car is a "run of the mill grocery getter" and that there was nothing special about a Del Sol. I pointed out that my VTEC is nothing to sneeze at, and that it could develop fairly serious power, and that my 2300lb car and its 160HP has a pretty respectable power to weight ratio... But he kept on laughing!
Yes, because all this time, while I was praising my VTEC's awesome qualities, he was laughing!

Guys, help me out! Has any of you ever raced one these "boxes", because this what I think of these cars, the car has no style, its a turbocharged BOX, I wouldn't drive one if you paid me!

Want to point out that the car in question is a 2002, 3165lb and 227hp

Thanks

He has twice as much torque as you and less than twice the weight. If he sucks at driving, you could probably take him- especially since he has to wait for the turbo to spool up. I think that he'll still take you in the quarter mile if the car is the only variant in the race.

MY Civic trashed STis all day, but that's a different story from your stock del Sol.

Good luck.

yeah, i love racing kids that dont know how to drive. kid with this rsx type s got but hurt cause i beat him at the track in the prelude. i ran 10.07 and he ran a 10.32. I had an R32 (VW) an EJ hatch and a camaro to run after him and he got pissed cause i wouldnt run him again (not like it mattered cause he never ran faster than 10.11 and i got down to 9.8).

I must admit...

I must admit the response was not quite as notable or as bad as the one I had over at another Honda forum, supposedly a Del Sol forum!

I got 29 responses, and all of them negative, telling me how I was going to get raped and killed, and how my Del Sol is not even a close match, and that how I would think of beating the Subaru, and how a lot of them laughed of the thought of a Del Sol VTEC racing against a WRX. And not a word of encouragement...

It seemed that all of those people (Civic/Del Sol/EL - Honda-Acura.net) have a beef against Del Sols, in fact the only responses where from car other than Del sols owners. They do tend to ridicule the car, more so than my coworker with above mentioned Subaru!

Any one else feel the same way, has anybody had a similar experience with the above forum?

Thanks

i got into this discussion with a buddy of mine.. he thinks a WRX would kill me.. i think differently.. if, they did beat me it wouldnt be by much it would be very close.. straight line, i think i would win, but not by much.. track, WRX hands down. ..

trash isnt the right word...if both of yall are decent drivers, he'll probably beat you by a car or two max (from a roll). If yall do this from a stop...hes probably gonna get a good jump on you, but the space will stay pretty close (which means youre gonna be smellin his clutch from the initial lead he got).

Im not saying you cant win this race, because you can. if you know how to load the enging right (A big reason why FFs lose to FRs and AWDs) and you dont miss a shift i could see this race being very close.

I will say this. My prelude will kill (2-3 lengths) a Del Sol VTEC, but i get beat by a friend of mine's STOCK (100%) WRX. I dont wanna be accused of blowing sunshine up your ass...so dont be afraid if your friend actually knows how to drive and he beats you from a digg by about 6 lengths.

i killed a impreza non turbo at 140whp and 130wtq.. im sorry but a wrx would beat you. He has a right to laugh, if I drove a wrx.. i'd laugh at guys like me too lol

bet $1000 on it. get a 100 shot of nitrous installed on credit. only use the nitrous for 1 race. you'll win. get your money back.

So....just race him? Seriously. I know people like to "find out" about cars before they race to see how bad they'd beat/get beat, but if you're still arguing about it after a couple days....there's only one way to find out!

But basically what everyone has said in here is true. He'll beat you worse from a stop than a roll, but it also depends on driver.

shit bro tell him to come to Las Vegas I gopt homies out here that would smash on subaru's shure they nicer and great response on throttle but the cash spent on it is worthless cause he could of played it smart for brag's and used the cash for a Honda build and even an H22 in a Dc with regular bolt on's with take wrx's

the wrx will walk you all day..... save some cash buy/make a turbo kit. tune and buy sticky tires then race him at the track for cash. that way no one has any excuses... but this thread is kinda stupid.. whats 2+2=>>> 5/4/1 <<<pick one

BINGO!!!!!

my opinion, that subaru has all-wheel-drive that puts you at a disadvantage to begin with...my brother has an 06 stock legacy with an automatic...i took his car for the night and raced an ek civic si with a 5spd and engine mods(intake, header, exhaust, and ignition) and i beat him not horribly but still beat him maybe by a car length on maybe 3/8 mile straight... now i know a civic weighs more than a del sol but a legacy weighs a crapload more than a wrx...the all wheel drive just gets of the line so much faster...now if the kid had an lsd he would have probably beat me

bet $1000 on it. get a 100 shot of nitrous installed on credit. only use the nitrous for 1 race. you'll win. get your money back.

I hope you dont seriously believe this, del sol Vtec runs low 15s. Wrxs with a good driver can run low 14s not counting the new 06 Tr models that net high 13s.:(

shit bro tell him to come to Las Vegas I gopt homies out here that would smash on subaru's shure they nicer and great response on throttle but the cash spent on it is worthless cause he could of played it smart for brag's and used the cash for a Honda build and even an H22 in a Dc with regular bolt on's with take wrx's

word holmes, you should get your homies to bring dem cars out to the 813 I gots some STis that would race dem from a dig 4 some dollas.

I was sponcered by Love Fab years ago, made 580whp with a sleved 2.0 vtec sc61.Tuned by one of the best Hondata tuners there is Torin Finver huge H-T guy. The car was worthless on the street it spun every gear including 5th never tracked it parted the car and purchased a STi to mod. Still have my del Sol but it wont be racing any scoobys any time soon

Back