My Tax rant...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

My wife and I got ours done today at H&R Block, cost us 20 bucks :) My mother is doing it on the side as she's getting ready for retirement and wanted to try a new career for a little while. Family and friends discount is 20 bucks for the entire return. If not, it would have cost us over 300 bucks as H&R Block gets their money on each form you file for your taxes. So if you get a 1040ez you're good to go, but if you have a bunch of different forms like we do, then you get fucked really good.

Anyways, she was good to us and got us over 3k back. That isn't bad seeing as though last march 15 paycheck my wife and I filed exempt from taxes due to our bonus' checks being in. My paycheck alone on the 15th of march was just shy of 14k so I'm surprised we got anything back at all this year :)

i used turbo tax online to file mine and it was free for me. it also got $4,000.00 back so i think its time to put a sound system in the tl...

I've been using Taxcut for years, and this year I'll be seeing $5132 from Fed, and $226 from the state. amazingly easy to use, I've used it for doing simple returns that only require a 1040ez, and in my case a 1040 with multiple forms. and the software is free, and only $31.90 to file both federal and state, can't complain about that

I realized Saturday that I'm going to need a refrigerator... so I'll be using some of my return for that, and the rest paying off what I put on my CC.

If you have any insurance through State Farm you can use Turbo Tax for free. You just have to create an online account and input your policies. You then get a link for free Turbo Tax.

Just did mine tonight... what a friggin mess. lol

and thank god for mortgage interest.

Before i entered my house, i owed like 5 grand!!!! and mind you, i've paid about 15 grand over the year to withholdings!!!

the 10grand in interest i had saved my butt.

700 back from fed
500 back from state

reason #1 why renting sucks.

Back