my teg dilema

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by UDT@Nov 14 2003, 01:43 PM
are you fuckin sick ek9r :blink:

yep. we all are, its the called the import disease..... take a step back while you can

yeah im a little weary about jumping into turbo just yet i would like to drive a honda/teg for a while befor i go trying to maintain one with turbo.

also just for reference every one should see how ek9r got his smart ass comment out yet it wasint really offensive to me it was more less funny. theres a good way to be a smart ass and a bad way. this site is alot of people's only source of real info when their working/trouble shooting their cars why make/let it go down the drain to a bunch of people who cant control their fingers/mouths?

dude, you cant post pics of your moms car without some pics of your mom :p
dont let it happen again

lol fuck you guys

how the fuck can they call it chili with no beans thats bull shit

get a DC2 gsr. You'll be happier in the long run. and don't mind 199IntegraBuildUpH22A3, he annoys me too. If i were you, I'd get full coverage on your trans am, take out all your exspensive after market shit, leave your car parked out on the street in some bad neighborhood with the doors unlocked, and once its gone, sell all your shit and collect on insurance. Then with that money, either pay back your dad, or you could buy a turbo kit (if they give you a few thousand from insurance). Thats what i would do. I wouldn't mind rolling around in a stock GSR till i get that insurance money, cause once you do get the money, BAM! Just get a turbo kit, a fatter head gasket, bigger injectors, fuel pump, rail, and a complete exhaust. and trust me go turbo, its a lot cheaper, easier, and more horsepower than going N/A. I'd only go N/A if i had a ITR.

[Edit] don't start off with a fuckin SOHC. its pointless and retarded. If your gonna get a civic, get it so you can do a swap, not so you can have some piece of shit SOHC motor to work with.

Originally posted by Gen2Teg@Nov 14 2003, 07:17 PM
If i were you, I'd get full coverage on your trans am, take out all your exspensive after market shit, leave your car parked out on the street in some bad neighborhood with the doors unlocked,

I tried doing that with my damn 97 Sentra... they just broke my window to steal some change (grumble)..

Originally posted by jiahanhao+Nov 14 2003, 07:20 PM-->
@Nov 14 2003, 07:17 PM
If i were you, I'd get full coverage on your trans am, take out all your exspensive after market shit, leave your car parked out on the street in some bad neighborhood with the doors unlocked,

I tried doing that with my damn 97 Sentra... they just broke my window to steal some change (grumble)..

yeah my friend has a 4 door GSR with a JDM R conversion, complete JDM ITR 4 door interior, and all kinds of sweet shit and they broke his window just for a book of CD's. at least they didn't take the deck i let him borrow too. stupid people suck.

well see i was reading that post by B about the 1100$ turbo and that sounds feasible and i think i would be willing to go even 1500$ on a turbo set up and his plan just to make sure i get exactly what i need according to his plans to get it right and with 1500$ and the plan he has it seems to me i could get one going slick. the trans am has a 403 olds, some came stock with olds motors even though they were pontiacs. throwing that thing around corners is fun as hell safely though i have a corner at the top of my street thats clear to see cars coming and im at the base of a hill in san bernardino where the fires where! you wouldint believe how close the flames were to my house put it this way it looked like midnight at 3pm the peoples house next to ares is gone along with all kinds around ares and i was puting out fires and runing off fools breaking into houses for two days, i have some trip ass pictures if any one wants them i can email some of the fire pictures i took. but any ways this corner has a slite down hill slope like laguna seca and its just fun as hell.

i have worked on my moms single over head for a while now along with my step dad and i have worked on many dohc's with my friends and i think i have a strong comprehension of how they work though i do feel i could use hands on with the dohc, but its not much different then the single at all and thats what the idea of buying the gsr is for right plus i just bought a complete set of craftsman tools with my last pay check along with a nice roll away craftsman box, vacuum meter, voltometer, and a nice 3/8 tq wrench all craftsman and had my dad send me all his old testing tools a compresion tester, timing gun, a snappon flex wrachet etc. i was doing some major shiznaps to my T/A still am but my point is im fuckin set im geting bored of working on the trans am it runs good now i wanna make something small go fast.

heres a link of what it looks like accept mine has T tops and could use paint but same rims body scoop and all
http://transamtech.com/pics/79/79_blue_ta_not.jpg

well now that i hear i can set up a nice little turbo kit for under 2k it really makes me want the gsr. a smooth 5 or 6 psi couldint hurt nothin :spin: any one wanna guess what that turbo set up say about 5 or 6 psi and a stock gsr might put out in hp?

yeah i plan on doing some jic magic coil overs 17" velox's and the teg will be disk already so im thinking just some nice cross drilled and slotted rotors should be good then of course some stablizers bars here and there not real sure what brand on the bars though i looked into them a little i liked the dc bars but i hear alot of bad stuff now so maybe if the new stronger model dc's arent an arm and a leg then i will still go dc on the bars. i know alot arent big on 17"s but when it comes to handling 16"s wont cut it im firm on the 17"s even though i think 16s look good on tegs the 17"s are a must for good cornering and with the coil overs im hoping to see some good G's on the skid pad.

i cant afford them but i will find a way plus if you took a ride in my moms accrod you would want to find a way to ! i have been in many honds with all different suspension set ups and never befor have i felt anything like that in a honda not to say there isint better just i have never felt a honda that can cary speed through corners so fast. the jics are good shit i might try some teins but i dont think so

Back