MY <-- THAT'S RIGHT, MY Turbocharged CRX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MugenCRX

So yesterday, my Intercooler Piping arrived, THANKS EREBUNICRX AND COREYR!!!!

And that was all that I needed!! Sorry there aren't better, more in depth pictures, but we were on a time limit, and the excitement kinda kept my hands on the car and off of the camera.

Here we go!

Draining oil and coolant.
Picture029small.jpg

Dropping oil pan.
Picture030small.jpg

A little test fit action.
Picture031small.jpg

Bolted on with downpipe and wastegate.
Picture032small.jpg

A little bit closer now.
Picture033small.jpg

ErebuniCRX and CoreyR custom charge pipe.
Picture034small.jpg

Getting couplers put on (Couplers are a PAIN IN THE ASS!!!) We didn't have enough, so some are rigged! :p
Picture035small.jpg

A little bit closer again.
Picture036small.jpg

My best friend Mike who sold me this kit, and helped me install it.
Picture037small.jpg

Me putting in the Fluidyne, I look like I have a Mullet! LOL! :laugh:
Picture038small.jpg

Fluidyne succesfully installed.
Picture039small.jpg

Does the hood close over the massive HKS Wastegate? YEP!
Picture040small.jpg

Closer view of the goodies inside.
Picture041small.jpg

Finished. Time to test drive!! :driver:
Picture042small.jpg

It went smooth, blew one coupler off on the test drive. It's pushing 10psi for now. Stock LS. I need to get my exhaust put together today, cut my bumper to fit and come up with a much more secure mount system for the intercooler. Zip Ties just don't cut it for me!

Comments, flames, anything, just EVERYONE, give me some feedback! :ph34r:

looks good, what kind of mani is that? i hope not ssauto, but gl if it is, u might be one of the lucky ones

lets get some whole car shots with the bumper back on :thumbsup:

also what type of fuel management are u running?

you did all that work, and didnt clean the leaking oil off the front of the block?

shame shame.

Quoted post[/post]]
Holy shit son
Thanks! :mrgreen:

Quoted post[/post]]
looks good, what kind of mani is that? i hope not ssauto, but gl if it is, u might be one of the lucky ones

lets get some whole car shots with the bumper back on :thumbsup:

also what type of fuel management are u running?
It is an SSAuto Mani. It's only temporary, I need to get a differnt manifold with the WG flange on the other side. There is a lot of clearance issuse betweent the Radiator and the wastegate. And I didn't really have a choice on the manifold because I bought it from a friend. And as of right now, I am not using any fuel management. I have E-Manage for it but it isn't installed yet.

Quoted post[/post]]
you did all that work, and didnt clean the leaking oil off the front of the block?

shame shame.
You hush!! :p

umm...definetly get a new manifold AND some fuel management! Don't stomp on it to much until you get fuel managment. E-mange is "good" for a little bit but I wouldn't rely on that, then again im not that balsy lol.

No management? Holy shit! Stock injectors? Increase fuel pressure? Becareful, or all that time/money spent is going down the tube..

154 views and only 9 replys? Does nobody else have any love to show to a fellow Hondaswapper? :cry:

Come on!!! Give me some feedback!!

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
154 views and only 9 replys? Does nobody else have any love to show to a fellow Hondaswapper? :cry:

Turbo=Good

LS turbo=Better

LS turbo in a CRX=Very nice
Thank you! The LS is actually only temporary, because I get a strong feeling that this motor wont last very long. BUT, I actually just bought myself a full B16a bottom end like a week ago, that I am going to do the rings and water and oil pump on. I already have a B16 head that I was going to use on my B18c5 block that needs to be sleeved, so I am going to do the valve guide seals and the valve springs in the head. Then I'll get some ARP studs and a Cometic 3mm head gasket for her and put that all in with the snail. Hopefully that will run reliably enough to be a daily driver on like 7-10lbs. And that will keep a smile on my face untill I can get the ITR block sleeved and built.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

Turbo=Good

LS turbo=Better

LS turbo in a CRX=Very nice
:werd: I cant wait to see it in person, and your ass better give me ride in it
Ya, you will see it for sure! And a ride will definetly be in order! :thumbsup: I can't wait untill our little CO Hondaswap Meet! :cool:

Quoted post[/post]]
lets see a vid of it in action..
I will see what I can do.

I got the Intercooler mounted up on Friday, it's the HomeDepot intercooler mounting bracket system of doom! I will get pictures when it stops snowing.

I have a few questions for anyone reading this though. I will probably post these under the F.I. forum too, but double the views means double the answers.

Ok, right now, I have NO FUEL MANAGEMENT hooked up on the car. I have: Greddy E-Manage, RC 450cc saturated injectors, and a B&M FPR. How should I go about tuning all of this once it's installed? Do I tune the E-Manage through a Laptop, or do I need a Profec or a Super AFC or something? Are the Injectors going to be overkill for 10lbs? And do I need a Fuel Pump?(Stock HF Fuel Pump right now.)

i'm not sure i understand when you say you have NO managment....
you don't even have an FMU on it?
how are you driving it?

i would use a walbro 255, and the 450cc's with uberdata or turbo edit if you're still obd0

i believe the FPR works off vacuum, so its not gonna help you now

Back