My Tranny

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

XZILER8

I appologize if this is in the wrong forum, It was between this and general tech and I didn't want to double post so I just chose this one. If you want to move it, I understand.

I'm in the process (and have been for many years) of building my 4th gen prelude.

I've dumped several grand into bolt ons and the looks, and now I've pulled the engine and am getting close to being ready to send it to the machine shop to start on the hardcore build up. It's not gonna be anytime soon, but by the time I'm done I'm expecting to be pushin between 400 and 500 hp.

Here's my question:

In order to transfer this kind of power to the ground, I obviously need to build up my tranny.

besides the obvious clutch, flywheel, and suspension, do I need to worry about my gears handling that kind of force?
I have failed to find anybody that makes upgraded gears for my car. Also, Do I need stronger drive axles and/or cv joints?

I haven't been cheap so far, and I'm not gonna start now. Can you give me some pointers on what I can do to handle this power and most effectively tranfer it to the ground?

Thanks in advance

The clutch and flywheel are definitely a key item. If you do that right, you SHOULD be fine. As far as gears go, I wouldn't worry to much about them. I know there are people out there who make race axles, and they'd probably be a good investment. I think try www.raxles.com?

i busted my CV joint with 165 whp on my b series... so with that much power i'd definately look into upgrading the axles

Back