My Tunes

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

asmallsol

Super Moderator
Well, Today I found out about mytunes. 601 songs later I am still downloading. If your on a network (AKA college) download mytunes. Go to google, put "mytunes" in and click on the first page. Here up at Michigan Tech U. (4000 or so people, 2000 or so in the dorms aka on the network) So I found out about it at like 8:00. by 830, I had downloaded 400 songs. On our network, the songs download at 1,000 or so KB/S. Anyways, the program is alot like iTunes except instead of just listening to the song, you actually download it.

For those at college, download this.

Originally posted by Bl6CRX@Nov 30 2004, 01:56 AM
Hey, also just FYI you can download a file converter dealy (sorry I am far from a computer wise) so you can download and convert songs of the people you are laned to off of I-tunes
[post=]Quoted post[/post]​

Actually, they are not all the gay iTunes format. Everyone that I have downloaded is MP3.

676 downloaded tonight lol

edit 700 songs tonight!

Got to love downloading a song in 3 seconds.

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Nov 30 2004, 02:20 AM
what site did you get it from it wont run for me?
[post=423995]Quoted post[/post]​

here

Remember you have to be apart of a network. Here at MTU, everyone is on the same network with just the last 4 didgets of their IP addresses changed. That means you can download a cd faster then you can rip it.

most of my music comes from the actual cd's i buy. i'll download a few songs, and if they're all good, i'll pick up (buy) the whole album. otherwise i just hit up suprnova for the album and keep only the good songs.

My tunes is the shit, I have both the Windows Mytunes, and the Mac OurTunes, and love them. Too bad this shit came out after I left the dorms :( . Oh well Limewire and Kazaa were still running in the dorms when I was last there :) .

Originally posted by MaaseyRacer@Nov 30 2004, 04:25 AM
My tunes is the shit, I have both the Windows Mytunes, and the Mac OurTunes, and love them. Too bad this shit came out after I left the dorms :( . Oh well Limewire and Kazaa were still running in the dorms when I was last there :) .
[post=424028]Quoted post[/post]​

Our school blocks the ports for p2p networks like that. They have already blocked Kazaa lite and Limewire. I was using aries, but still most I ever download at on that is 100kb/s. This just click, and litterally 3 seconds later you have it.

so the only way to dl songs is to be on a lan? So if im here at my apt, i can only download from nick (my roommate)? <_<

Originally posted by Seany-izzle@Nov 30 2004, 09:15 AM
so the only way to dl songs is to be on a lan? So if im here at my apt, i can only download from nick (my roommate)? <_<
[post=424073]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah, I think it's specifically designed for college campuses and networked businesses. :lol:

Darn college kids had to get crafty what with all this p2p port blocking.

Just a word of warning, My Tunes is very easily traced, so if you arnt careful you couuld land in jail. My ex knows like 10 people @ University of Iowa that got fucked for using My Tunes. I used it for the 1st 3-5 days of college, but then I stopped because there was no new music :).

Originally posted by ktanaka@Nov 30 2004, 01:58 PM
I used it for the 1st 3-5 days of college, but then I stopped because there was no new music :).
[post=424147]Quoted post[/post]​

Lol, I ran out of songs to download. I can't think of any more bands from what I have now and what I already had on my computer.

so it only works on networks? like i could only get music from people on my network in my apt? or would i be able to get music from everywhere in the country like the rest of them?

Back