My Tunes

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Because you are taking shit from people's computers without them giving you permission, and its still violates copywrite laws.

yeah i know that, but i was under the assumption that if file sharing/transferring doesn't leave a schools network, they can't trace it

any truth to this?

It depends on wheither the school cares or not. Here at MTU, they don't act on stuff until the RIAA gets involved.

And you do have "permission" to download them from others computers because it only shows people who share files on the network. Again, if you don't allow sharing, then you can't get in trouble.

True. Here at SOCC they'd knock your door down. Why? Not for illegal filesharing. Because you're bogging the network.

i live in a apt complex that has free wireless internet, its mainly a giant network in a sence would this work like that?

ok, its a college apt so there has to be someone thats doing it

Originally posted by asmallsol@Nov 30 2004, 12:13 AM
Well, Today I found out about mytunes. 601 songs later I am still downloading. If your on a network (AKA college) download mytunes. Go to google, put "mytunes" in and click on the first page. Here up at Michigan Tech U. (4000 or so people, 2000 or so in the dorms aka on the network) So I found out about it at like 8:00. by 830, I had downloaded 400 songs. On our network, the songs download at 1,000 or so KB/S. Anyways, the program is alot like iTunes except instead of just listening to the song, you actually download it.

For those at college, download this.
[post=423975]Quoted post[/post]​

The techy kids at my school have their own server that does searches for files being shared on the entire network here . . . . . thats how i get mytunez :).

Back