My Turbo ZCRX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

azulito

Hey guys I just wanted to stop by and say hello because I don't check out Honda Swap enough. Thought I'd post a few pics of the project so far and try to unload a new Wings West kit! If you post on other boards you have seen the little blue bastard before. Here's a shortened break down of the mods: 1989 HF with complete '91 Si conversion. Built ZC, Eagle rods, Rolerwave dished pistons, 9.1:1CR, HKS HG, Apexi/IHI hybrid ball bearing turbo, AC, KAAZ LSD, Z10 crossmember, Progress coilovers, C&R custom made radiator, OBD1 conversion, Neptune software, 250 HP @ 15 PSI. I am in the process of finishing some cosmetics that have been taking a back seat as the performance issues were being worked out.
0018.JPG

Niagara11.jpg

87if-int2.jpg

Hope you like it!

Thats one of the best looking hondas I've seen in a long time.

If that has no rust problems, congratulations.

The sidemarkers add a really nice flare to the car as well, along with those deep tires.

you'd get better power with a better flowing manifold on that puppy. but nice car, i wish i had a crx.

jimboburgess said:
you'd get better power with a better flowing manifold on that puppy. but nice car, i wish i had a crx.

Thanks, but the reason I went with a cast mani was for longevity, and a "factory" look. Cast manis are typically what you would see on a factory turbo car. They are also more resilient to cracking. This setup also allowed AC to be used. The design of the car has always been "what would a turbo CRX look like straight from Honda.

Also the 250 HP and 230 TQ are as much as I would ever need in a car this small. It surpassed my goal from the beginning of 200 HP.

Now it's on to the power windows and mirrors. EDM LHD black leather red stitching door cards ect!

HOLY SH*TBALLS... I LOVE IT!! good job man...i got a crx that i wanna pimp out... so that is inspiration for me!! Oh and i was just wondering...what size wheels are those with the horses?? and what type of tires did u use??? oh and where did u get the body kit cus im looking and wingswest shut down?!?!!?! :O :S so im quite unhappy..

Last edited:
Is that a Greddy Extreme Timing belt?

Also, how much was your custom radiator setup? It looks nice, and I need something similar to it.

It's a Power Enterprise timing belt. If you have a ZC then the zcresource is a good place for part info.

The C&R rad was around 500 bucks. But it came with a fan! Having something that fits like OEM ... priceless!

This is what my CRX aspires to be. Very very nice. Good work, what are the specs on the internals and other goodies.

Drake said:
This is what my CRX aspires to be. Very very nice. Good work, what are the specs on the internals and other goodies.

Should be in the first paragraph! There are lots of items I didn't include. If you want to know something about it in particular I would be glad to answer!

haha I didnt even see that saw pictures and got distracted. Shiny things do that to me.

SiR front end with Vis Pro2 bumper and glasstop going on this winter...if my wife doesn't divorce me first because of my addiction. Oh wait, if she does then definatley the conversion will happen. :eek:

Back