my turboed 91 crx si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

skrotm

if you boost it..........
heres some pics of my crx. gladly accepting questions and critisism
the car is a 91 crx si. thanks to andrew and his pics of his wire tuck, i did my wire tuck before i even painted my engine bay.
the motor is a built gsr with a hydro jdm b16 tranny with lsd. im using stock sleeves, 9:1 je pistons, eagle rods, and acl bearings. the head is a ported b16 head. it has ferrea valves, portflow spring and retainers, toda A camshafts, aem cam gears, type r lma's, golden eagle head studs, and a stock honda head gasket. running a jg intake mani, and a 70mm bbk tb. ummmm...... car has 93 integra spindles, 97 gsr brake calipers, and the booster and master cylinder off a 95 gsr. for fuel.... a walbro 255, rc 750 injectors, aem fuel rail, aem fuel pressure regulator. for fire..... a crane fireball ignition with coil. i have hasport mounts with a hasport hydro conversion, and custom shift linkage. oh.... i also have an obd1 swap with a chipped p28and using chrome for tuning. i bought an apexi avcr for pumping up the boost. home made traction bars. ive made a set for every car ive built so far. 16' rota slips with 215 45 azenis. thats about it...... swap was a bitch because of the intake manifold being so damn big. broke the tps and iac uppon installation. the turbo also rubbed the intercooler at first.... man there was all kind of shit wrong.....lol. this was by far the biggest pain in the ass ive had. im so glad it was mine and not a customers. i just finished it so no dyno results yet. only runnin 8lbs right now and spins into third........ the 235 60 15 mt street radials im orderin will take care of that. thats about it..... let me know what yall think.
000_0214.JPG

000_0218.JPG

000_0221.JPG

000_0222.JPG

000_0223.JPG

000_0224.JPG

000_0225.JPG

000_0226.JPG

000_0227.JPG

000_0228.JPG

000_0229.JPG

000_0230.JPG

000_0231.JPG

000_0232.JPG

000_0233.JPG

000_0235.JPG

000_0236.JPG

000_0237.JPG

000_0238.JPG

000_0239.JPG

I have a 91 honda civic dx and I bought a JDM b16a pr3. I ran into a problem with the axles. The wheel hub assembly diameter is too small fo the diameter of the axles that came with the swap. I know that the axles are off a 93 integra Ls.

If I bought 92 integra ls spindles, would this solve my problem? OR can I take out the 91 wheel hub assemblies and replace them with the 92 integra wheel hub assemblies. I don't mind buying the 92 integra ls spindles but just want to make sure they fit properly..This is just a thought that i had which would be a cheaper way to swap unless the knuckles are not compatible and the wheel hub assemblies can't be swapped.

You can use 92 integ knuckles. I had them on my Crx. You will probably have some light braking issues though. My front whhels used to lock up so fast.
Brake balance was way off. you might be able to use a different proportion valve, but im not sure which one.Good luck

Last edited:
Sorry I misread. im not sure if you can use the integra hub/wheel bearing set up in the civic knuckle.

Also I have aQuestion for you.
What did you use for a gasket between the turbine housing and the downpipe.
And, Where can I get one?

no gasket between the housing and the down pipe. red rtv silicone. thats it.
axles...... i used axles from a 94 integra with my spindles. i wouldnt waste ur time on swappin the wheel bearings. use the integra spindles, calipers, and rotors. ull tell a big difference in braking.

thanx. ive only got like 1300 in the whole car. i make everything i think i can. cant see buying something i can make lol.

clean up the engine bay a bit? other than that nice set up

thanx. ive only got like 1300 in the whole car.

:eek:

Built/Boosted GSR for $1300. WOW!

I gotta say though, This would kinda un-nerve me. Lets see--- super heated gases/flames -> gas tank... lol

Anyway, I'm glad you did a wire tuck man! looks nice

Last edited:
2 questions,

how the hell did you do all that for 1300? gsr swap is more than 1500.
and
why did you do a hydro tranny instead of a cable lsd?

lol. the exhaust is actually blowin on the spare tire well andrew. been waitin to see what kind of muffler (if any) i want to run before i change my exhaust. its loud... but oh well. im stingy as hell with money, so the less i spend the happier i am. .............. yeah i changed the brakes... they are actin a little funny now though. got to put a new master cylinder on her............. i traded a camo eg hatch i had like 300 bucks in for a 4dr gsr that had this motor in it. the guy couldnt get it to run right. he tried for like 8 months. he wanted my eg so i pulled my built b20vtec out of it. put a b16 i had in my shop in the eg and traded it. im a big wheeler-and-dealer....lol... needless to say i got the motor runnin right in 2 days. i payed 800 for the crx shell. the rest was spent on the obd1 swap, boost controller, and mounts.

oh.. i did the hydro cause i already had it and its got a spoon diff. like i said, didnt spend a damn penny i didnt have to.

Damn man :thumbsup: nice flip!

Got any nice cheap parts you'll give to me? haha
At least we won't have to worry about shipping....

:)

lol. all i have are b series parts....... so probably no help to you andrew. i think im actually about to sell all of my honda parts. i know..... i just put this car together. i want to build an s13. so......... i cant keep adding to my collection of hondas...... the crx is for sell now. lol. after these posts itll be hard as hell to get what i want for it. shouldnt matter what i got in it. matters what its worth.

car is for sale........... 6000.00

how do i move this to the for sale forum? is there any way without typin all this shit again?

Back