My turn to tell everybody my life problems.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Frankie P.

Hey guys, if you don't want to hear my problems, then don't read any further. I just need to vent, and this is the best place that I can do it. Well, I got a job, with awesome benefits, that is the good news. Now for the shit that is going on in my life.

1. I just wasted $100 because I tried to get approved for an apartment, but was denied, because my credit wasn't good enough. OK, I can get a new truck with $1,000 down, but I can't get an apartment? Whatever.

2. Unless I find an apartment very soon, I am going to explode. I hate my gf' family and they hate me. :) They are letting me stay here, but I need to get out of here. They are always saying that I need to do shit around the house. Well, I sweep, mop, do dishes, laundry, yard work, wash their car and boat. Then they complain everyday, because I don't do enough.

3. They think they know everything about everything. They don't know what VTEC is, yet they know everything about cars. For example, because the SI is a four I can't beat their 8 cylinder Toyota Sequia.

4. I just moved from Cali, so I am really needing family and friends, the problem is they all work late, and since we are two hours ahead, I rarely get to call them. I miss everybody.

5. As of right now, I can't spend a penny. I mean a penny, I need every cent I have to pay for the apartment that I won't be able to get. I can't even pay for gas, yet I have to get to work, which I won't get paid for 2-3 weeks.

I just needed to vent, this seemed like they only place to do it, since I really don't know anybody in Texas yet. Life just sucks, I just needed to get things off of my chest.

Dont feel bad man, i have very litte credit as well. I tried to rent an apartment and i couldnt because of my credit yet i make 3x the rent a month, have very litte in the way of bills. So i know how your feeling. All i can say is just keep your head up. Just dont mind your g/f parents. go to work, do waht they ask, and as soon as your out when that shits not getting done, they will appreciate what you were doing for them.

dude, jut deal with it for a little longer and things always have a way of working themselves out. as for your gf parents, try to be nice to them cause they are doing you a favor taking you in like that. a sequoia WILL NOT beat your slow import(SI). Keep looking for an apartment. Just cause one place turned down your credit, dosent mean the next place will. BTW- does your girl have good credit? vent on brother! just lay low and keep saving, you will find what makes you happy. Deal with the crap a little longer and swallow your pride when they make you do their dishes, damn that sucks . . . . .

Well, it is her Aunt and Uncle, only family in Texas. It isn't that I have to do shit around the house, it is the fact that I pay rent on top of it. $300 a month, not counting food. What pisses me off though, is I have 3 years of credit. I also forgot to mention that I lost $100 for the fuckin' application fee, just to get accepted into the apartment. $100 I needed for gas is gone. UGHHHHH!!!! I want to fuckin punch a fuckin' wall or something. Stressed off my ass, these people are a pain the ass. Just right now, her Uncle started talking shit about the SI, because I have the number 8 on it from the track. You car is not a race car, you will blow it up, it is a four banger. I want to punch the shit out of the fucker. I will shut up now, I can go on and on.

just tell him that you forgive him and understand that theonly kind of racing he knows is nascar.

tell him it isn't a race if you just go around in a circle.

take that dude for a ride in the si, maybe he will think otherwise. i hate punk ass V8 fans that dont give the sport compact world a chance cause they are too narrow minded.

He is funny too though, he says I like your "FUCKIN' HONDA," it is nice, but it is only a four banger. What pisses me off though, is at 20 he was in jail, smokin crack and shit, yet I have to support my gf making $75,000 a year with no school I hear it all the time. He pisses me off. Along with the car thing, he says that it was stupid for me to "Soup up my car" because it will fall apart. I tell him, because I have a better flowing Intake and Exhaust, I will ruin my car? OK!!! I just give up with this ignorant bastard.

:mullet:
Stupid rednecks. Tell them I said the Sequia sucks. Don't know what to tell you about the friend situation tho.

Ask him to check out your reverse light as you back over him.. I think that he will understand your frustration.... And does your gf know or understand what is going on? Has she talked to them at all about it.

The reverse light thing isn't a bad idea. Yeah, she knows what is going on, but they don't listen to her. They are just total assholes.

Originally posted by Frankie P.@Nov 1 2003, 02:02 AM
she knows what is going on, but they don't listen to her. They are just total assholes.

Have you both tried to get an apartment together....Both of you should be able to afford one... well good luck man I feel you pain I was in the same setup a few years ago....

Yea, me and my girlfriend are looking for an apartment, we both got denied for it. Supposedly we owed some other apartment money, we took care of that, then they checked are credit, and we were both denied. I can understand why my girlfriend did, she has almost zero credit. Me on the other hand, got approved for a $15,000 loan, but I can't get approved for an apartment, it doesn't make sense. We are looking at another apartment tommorow, it isn't the best area, but the apartment is pretty nice, 2 bedroom, and cheaper than the one we were looking at.

Yep bro the credit world is funny like that. When I moved back home ( job moved me back here ), I looked for an apartment. Went to several places that where in nice area's and at a decent price. Got denied. Mainly the reason was cause I didn't have a history for living in the area. No bills in my name or what not. Yet I have good credit from paying off 2 new car loans and keeping my CC's paid up. So I rented a place in the ghetto for 6 months then found me a better place after that got accepted no problems after that.

But yeah I had to suck up my pride while I stayed at my brothers house. His wife riding my ass about money and doing stuff around the house. Hell I cleaned, did laundry, dishes ( thank god for dishwashers ), yard work, and paid them 300 a month rent just like you are doing now. Just suck up the pride for a bit and get thru it and move on.

The friends thing is kinda hard. Sure you can meet ppl at work and find ppl that are interested in the same things as you. But I bet I know what your problem is with that. Cause you are scraping and saving money... you can't go out and do stuff with these ppl. Yeah it sucks and its a catch 22. But like I said stick to your guns and do what you gotta do. If ya need a breather away from the gf's family just take a walk or drive. Get away and try not to think about the shit that bothers you most.

In the end you will be out on your own and doing the things you want and hangin out with ppl that are into the things you are.... and of course spending alot more quality time with your girl.

Good luck bro and hope you get thru it alot quicker than I did.

hey man. sorry bout all the shit youre going through. hang in there. it'll get better. as far as your g/f's dad not beleiving in your honda, its cause he's from the old school where hondas were still powered by motorcycle engines. its not easy for everyone to beleive how far our little 4 bangers have come in the last 10/15 years. just 10 years ago, the most you could do was get an illegal fartcan and a drop-in K&N filter (unless you had some dope connections that could do a PnP and calibrate your injectors - woohoo!).

good luck man!

Originally posted by ek9r@Nov 1 2003, 12:43 AM
take that dude for a ride in the si, maybe he will think otherwise. i hate punk ass V8 fans that dont give the sport compact world a chance cause they are too narrow minded.

:werd:

I know people who are in their own little world. I like to call it "LS1 Bliss"

I hate people.

Well, thanks for all the advice. Good news finally, I got an apartment, two bedroom two bath room. We got leather furniture, and a bedroom set, along with a 40 inch HD TV. So, everything is going good now. I have been going through all this for a while and it finally got to me, that is why I had to write all that. Anyway, thanks for all the feel good phrases.

Congrats on your new apartment and all. Just don't overextend yourself on your purchases. Protect that credit rating of yours. Also, I think that your gf's family liked to argue with you just to push your buttons.

Back