1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my turn

Discussion in 'Auto Multi-Media' started by jamesA, Apr 15, 2004.

1. jamesA

jamesA Well known pissed off telephone guy VIP

So I took a few pics from today and yesterday.

Here's a couple of pics from about 20 minutes ago. I love mah car.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here's a shot of my stock Honda radio. The last few minutes of it being in my car.
    [​IMG]

Here's one of my new deck after the mildly retarded install...there's no screws holding it to the left cause I didn't feel like trying to pull off all the connectors to the heater controls.
    [​IMG]

deck with the face down to load cd's
    [​IMG]

one of my 6 cd changer, I have it sitting down stashed under the seat with a hoodie sitting over it...Yes I know the wiring job sucks, I was in a hurry to just get it put into place...the sub isn't even hooked up yet.
    [​IMG]

See? Yeah...it's just sitting there, I have the power wire d/c from the amp, I still gotta put my fuse on it before I hook it up.
    [​IMG]

This is a shot of my CAI, I threw it in my car...figured I could get it installed in a few hours, but I for some reason didn't feel like fucking with it right now.
    [​IMG]

A shot of my gauges...with my remote sitting in the bezel, it's actually a pretty good place to set it so you won't forget where it is or lose it. I've driven this car 10000 miles in the 6 and a half months I've had it, not too bad considering where I've taken this car...
    [​IMG]

I was comin back from a delivery today and decided to stop by the bank for a 20 note and saw this in the lot. Very nice GSR, it has an AEM sticker on one of the fenders.
    [​IMG]

I'll have more pics when the intake is being installed...i love having my own digi camera.

2. driver1

driver1 Senior Member

shaweetness :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

3. jamesA

Oh yeah, I forgot the shot of my remote... Best invention ever...a remote to control a radio thats still within arms reach. I love lazy people, like me. :D

[​IMG]

4. hybridsol

hybridsol Senior Member

all that stuff in your sig is in that car? nice sleeper. btw the remote thing, the cd player in my del sol can only be controled with a remote, no buttons on the face at all. Ithough it was cool when i bought it but now its just annoying ha

5. BigJ

BigJ I'm just about that action Boss. VIP

:thumbsup: Now do some more go fast goodies and you'll be set.

I'm loving the system set up, I'll be running something like that in the future month.

To the above guy, those are his futures, the stuff in italics are actuals.

Rev8k-The CAI really isn't a few hour job, its really really easy. The hardestpart is probably taking out the old stuff.

6. vtecsir1

vtecsir1 Senior Member

ghetto job with the cd changer, integra is a waste of your camera. other than that nice stuff.

7. jamesA

lol I didn't have time to finesse the changer where I wanted it, mounted to the floor board behind the driver seat, so I stuck it where I could for easy access yet still hidden. Hell the deck is ghetto rigged and the piece of plastic that you have to remove to get to it is still only held on by 3 of the 5 screws. I need to go back in and tighted the left side of the deck down so it doesn't wobble in and out. then I'll put it all back together.

To me the GSR isn't a waste of battery, I was shopping for a GSR when I found the Si. It was the next best thing, and to tell you the truth in the past few months I have fallen in love with this car.

hybrid- yeah everything I have planned for the Si (well did, I think I'm going to skip the cams and header and go with the edelbrock disco potato turbo kit now...read in the members lounge here in a few) is normal text and everything I HAVE is in italics....which is just the CAI. lol

8. Sobe_Death

Sobe_Death Senior Member

hey rev, what model kenwood cd player is that? i just got a kdc-x579 and love it!! it looks similar to yours but i couldnt read the model number on the faceplate

9. jamesA

It's a KDC-3025 50x4 deck, detachable faceplate, fold down plate for cd loading...etc.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Sobe_Death

Sobe_Death Senior Member

oh ok, mine is the Excelon MP3/WMA player version, same basic face, only blacker, and the same remote

11. jamesA

:werd: I have cdr/rw capabilities, thats all I need. but mostly i'll listen to production CDs in my changer or the radio.

12. Hatchbacks Anonymous

Hatchbacks Anonymous Senior Member

:werd: When anybody asks if its hard to put an intake on, I always tell them the hardest part is getting all the stock stuff removed.

13. Havok

Havok Senior Member

I knew that remote was familiar, I have the same one, I have a Kenwood MP3 player that's about a year old...I love it.

14. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

If the teg didn't have the chain liscense plate surround it would be better. Nice set up, I like the Audiobahn, I had one, and my buddy has 2x12's in his Renault.

15. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

Kenwood decks own. I'll never own another brand.

my deck:
    Kenwood Excelon KDC-X579
    [​IMG]

edit, thats a 2004 model. i have a 2003. so it looks slighty different, but has the same features

16. h22bubbleback

h22bubbleback Senior Member

bah my 2004 model onwz j0o B)

17. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

18. jamesA

lol you're the reason I bought this deck...I was going to get another pioneer cause my deh2100 NEVER gave me problems, but you said Kenwood...so I'm putting my faith in your word. :p

Thus far I really like this deck, I need to learn the features and play with the buttons more. The only thing I don't like is it's a bit harder to get the faceplate back on the deck in the dark...gotta angle it under the arm and to the left...

heh

19. hybrid4

hybrid4 Senior Member

I want your old factory cd player! Im tired of getting my shit ganked! GIVE IT TOO ME! :unsure:

20. jamesA

I'm not sure if i want to sell any of my stock shit yet.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted