My usdm+jdm h22a swap almost complete

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kingmarc63

i only have the vtec wires and other miscell. stuff to do to complete the swap...
what are the pros and cons of mixing the usdm block and jdm head??? :(
I had to change the jdm block because the balance shaft and bearings were fuck up in it and it work out cheaper to go with the usdm block.
ps. i have a bunch of left over stuff from both engine for sale

MY CAR IS A 1995 ACCORD lx (NON VTEC) about 95hp to the wheels

you probably won't even notice the difference. It's only like 15 hp or so. Especially if you're putting it in a civic, it's gonna be fast no matter what. I really don't see any cons to having an H22, USDM or otherwise.

As far as I know, there isn't any difference in the JDM and USDM H22 heads. The difference in power and torque comes from a different, more tuned ECU and higher compression pistons (10.2:1 USDM, 10.6:1 JDM).

so, dohc vtec accord, am i loosing power with the h22a4 block then?
being that the compression is lower than the jdm h22a...

good luck with your swap, i finished mine a few days ago and got my clutch broke in, then broke an axle today, ha its all in good fun though

Originally posted by kingmarc63@Nov 22 2003, 06:12 PM
so, dohc vtec accord, am i loosing power with the h22a4 block then?
being that the compression is lower than the jdm h22a...

That's what it sounds like to me. You'll be losing 4/10's of a compression point, or probably about 5 ft-lbs and 5 horsepower.

Yeah But I wouldnt get bent out of shape over it! Its not going to make a huge noticeable diffrence! You'r still going to enjoy the extra power!

im surprised i havent broken anything on my little del sol yet. man when i downshift to 3rd with my stage 3 clutch it crazy. chirps the tires a alot and takes off pulling hard as fuck. ive done it next to ppl and they fuckin flinch so hard they honk the horn. VTEC is definetly loud. to this day i still cannot belive i have a h22 in my car, god im crazy

i have never driven any performance vtec rides before so i am looking foward to my swap
I have i/h/e, msd ignition system, complete lightened pulley kit, act clutch, 6 puck disc, fidanza flywheel...
I am hoping to go high 14s next spring all being well?
what do you guys think?????

looks like a nice starting setup but in a heavy accord....i think youll have fun weith it for sure...im doing a h22 in a hatch as we speak...good luck with yours man!! :worthy:

Too bad the engine is already together because you could have swapped the jdm pistons into the usdm block and kept the same compression ratio. Don't get rid of the jdm pistons and if you ever have to open the engine up for some reason, swap them in then for the extra power. ;)

Back