My VTEC is quiet now...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

VTECin5th

Administrator
Hmm, well last nite we put a test pipe on my 95 coupe+b16a2 with intake.
Now you can BARELY BARELY hear my VTEC cross over in 1st gear, 2nd is a lil more noticable, and i haven't been on the freeway yet to see about the rest.
I don't really mind that it doesn't go BWWWAAAAAAAA anymore, less attention is fine.
The reason i am asking, is because i dunno if this is normal or i should maybe just put my cat back on.
I don't think it's going to hurt anything, and it runs fine, i just want some advice from the support team to help reassure me i guess.
Anyone else have any similar situation?
My exhaust also got a lil deeper at low rpms but less loud, which is also :)

I say leave the testpipe on, does it still pull like normally? I mean no cel's or anything? Do you have an o2 sensor in your car?

The question is, have you hit vtec in 5th?

Originally posted by VTECPOWER@Sep 25 2005, 10:56 AM
I say leave the testpipe on, does it still pull like normally? I mean no cel's or anything? Do you have an o2 sensor in your car?

[post=560054]Quoted post[/post]​

I think it still pulls like normal :unsure:
I don't feel any difference other than low end seems smoother, nope no CELs
or any issues, yea i have an o2 on the DP so that's okie dokie too.
I hit VTEC in 5th on my single cam at like 124 mph on California Freeways.
With the b16 i hit VTEC in 5th @ 90 mph with my old chip, the new one is probly around 105 or so... but i haven't been passed 90mph since i got the new chip.
I just thought it was weird that my VTEC got more quiet :blink:

Originally posted by VTECin5th+Sep 25 2005, 12:07 PM-->
VTECPOWER
@Sep 25 2005, 10:56 AM

With the b16 i hit VTEC in 5th @ 90 mph with my old chip, the new one is probly around 105 or so... but i haven't been passed 90mph since i got the new chip.
[post=560057]Quoted post[/post]​

haha, i just thought i'd ask, mine changed from invidia exhaust system, to stock (to pass state exhaust ticket), then it's a lot quieter with my rsr ex mag exhaust. So it all depends. :ph34r:

Originally posted by VTECPOWER+Sep 25 2005, 11:47 AM-->
Originally posted by VTECin5th@Sep 25 2005, 12:07 PM
VTECPOWER
@Sep 25 2005, 10:56 AM

[post=560057]Quoted post[/post]​

haha, i just thought i'd ask, mine changed from invidia exhaust system, to stock (to pass state exhaust ticket), then it's a lot quieter with my rsr ex mag exhaust. So it all depends. :ph34r:
[post=560063]Quoted post[/post]​

m0o thanks, i guess i'll leave it alone until it blows up and then i will just drop a k20z3 in there :lol:

taking the cat off makes it so the sound cant bounce around in there. meaning less noise. I had a stock honda cat on when i put my new headers on. thing roared. took it off. not so bad now. Its not gonna hurt your car. Gonna make it hella hard to pass emmisions if you have them. I live in a DEQ exempt zone so ha!

I already passed emissions, so i am good for 2 years.
By that time i hope to have my rsx.
My mom wants my car, so i guess i'll have to tell her how to put the cat on again. :lol:

Originally posted by VTECin5th@Sep 26 2005, 09:59 AM
I already passed emissions, so i am good for 2 years.
By that time i hope to have my rsx.
My mom wants my car, so i guess i'll have to tell her how to put the cat on again. :lol:
[post=560409]Quoted post[/post]​

Here in Virginia we don't have emissions, but it's a big fine if you have a test pipe on, I just went to court thismorning about my exhaust ticket and got it dropped.

hmm i'm movin to michigan for school in a few weeks/months/whenever i can get the hell out of here...
i wonder how strict they are?
I think most people's exhausts are rusted off, but i know Tint is illegal, so i'll probly have lots of tint tickets.
Backwoods cops suck when they see hondas in the "motor city" state. :angry:

Back