1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My wire won't feed damnit..

Discussion in 'Other Vehicle Discussions' started by 92civicb18b1, Oct 25, 2005.

1. 92civicb18b1

92civicb18b1 The Trisexual

WTF...I was going to make a temp fix for my exhaust yesterday, cause the Audi is loud with the cracked flex pipe. Anyway, my old gas/flux welder just stopped working so I got an el cheapo flux core only welder. I've used one roll of wire.

I went through more than a pound/ half roll of flux core wire yesterday, trying to get that bitch to feed. It makes it 90% through the sleeve then gets stuck or feeds, lets me weld for a few inches then the wire gets chewed and it's a no go from there.

I'm using 035 flux core wire in a 4" spool, the rollers are on the 035 setting and I've adjusted the tension numerous times.

Do you think I just got a crappy roll of wire...or something else?

This is going to fuck me, I was really planning on gittin 'er done today with the temp fix until I bought some new pipes. I really don't like hearing it open header.

Opinions? Suggestions?

I'm going to go get a new roll of wire and see if that "fixes" the problem.

2. 92civicb18b1

92civicb18b1 The Trisexual

Nevermind...I'm stupid.

There was 2 feet .035 wire stuck in the sleeve. I got a new 1# roll of .030 anyway and some tips. I can weld again, :mrgreen: [​IMG] :mrgreen:

3. NissanNiNjA2nd

NissanNiNjA2nd Senior Member

lol I knew the problem before I got done reading

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted